TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Signal return broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signal return broken
    Posted: May/31/2019 at 7:10pm
Since my '59 Rambler Super is my daily driver, I've been addressing things that need fixing and the latest is that signal return piece under the steering wheel.  Has anyone tackled this lately and is the part available?  Thanks!
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2019 at 8:55pm
I think Galvin's Rambler Parts has the complete turn signal switch and it's kind of pricey, but if just the return spring broke they have that too.  Ramblerparts.com

You need to removed the steering wheel to access it.  That might call for the specialized steering wheel puller for the older Ramblers.  I don't have one or I would loan it to you.  

Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
mmaher94087 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmaher94087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2019 at 9:36pm
Check Echlin also as they may have it.
Mike
IowaTom View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2019 at 9:59pm
Ugh... I love "specialized" tools.  Have run into that for my Studebaker's control arms and Kaiser dashboard knobs.  Ermm  It's the (relatively small) price we sometimes pay with loving our tired iron.
IowaTom View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2019 at 10:12pm
I tried a penetrating oil and tugging the wheel after a few boinks with my punch and hammer.  No luck getting that wheel off and I don't want to bugger something up in the process.  Does anyone have the tool to lend, and I'll gladly recompense your postage plus a little more for the lendage.  I can't justify spending nearly $60 for a tool I'll use once.
990V8 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 990V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2019 at 3:32am
Post a pic of the wheel with the horn push removed.

I took the wheel off my Ambo yesterday for the identical reason, if it's the same could point you to the (cheap) puller I used.

Ivor
63 Canadian Ambo 990 V8 327
Lightweight V8 SIII
Shopping Trolley
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2019 at 8:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic