TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My 1967 AMC Marlin Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmeriMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2015 at 11:21am
Good luck with your project. I consider the '67 to be the best looking year for Marlins.

larue390@comcast.net
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2015 at 12:19pm
I think the color scheme is good just the way it is.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2015 at 1:08pm
Very jealous! I've always been a fan of the '67 Marlin, and even looked at one locally. Unfortunately, it was too much money for me in the condition it was in. LOADS of rust repair to do and collision damage. Had to pass. Glad that someone gets to have not only the car that I would love to own, but one very clean and solid. Well done!
javman7 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2015 at 6:12pm
Very nice looking car, love that year for the marlin.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2015 at 8:25am
Looks to me like you are having fun with your AMC. That's what its all about. I like the color the way it is but I am partial to red and white combo. You will get all the "bugs" out. Keep driving it is the best medicine for it !!
Ollie
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2015 at 9:28am
Very cool!  Marlins seem to be appreciating in value of late, and 67 is my favorite year. Yours looks very nice! 
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2015 at 4:01pm
How can anybody think paperwork isn't fun? I noticed that when the car was first titled in Washington, their DMV entered Marlin for the make and unknown for the model Clap

Edited by 67 Marlin - Aug/15/2021 at 10:15pm
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2015 at 7:55pm
I'm running an original (albeit rebuilt) 343 4bbl and an M11 auto (not rebuilt) in a 67 Ambassador and have found it a great cruiser and traveling car. There are, of course, several ways you can go with your project but if it's a driver you want, you've got a lot of great pieces for it. (For a cruiser) It's moderately quick and fun to drive.

Good luck with whichever direction you plan,
Bruce Clarkson
Bruce Clarkson
67 Marlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2015 at 10:53pm
Tuned the motor up, and it runs really well. Did the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor, and all new vacuum hoses. The Marlin's ancient battery was failing, too, so there's now a new super duper start battery. 

Edited by 67 Marlin - Dec/29/2023 at 10:32pm
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2015 at 5:45am
Congrats on the new fish, love the 67's, I am in the middle of restoring one I picked up in 2013 near Duluth. Been working on it since, I do have some extra parts I have picked up and am looking for others. Mine is a 343 car also, Sungold met. with black vinyl top, plan to bring it to AMO Nats this summer but have lots to do. Read with interest about your starting issues, I have some choke problems, car has a Holley with electric choke, I think the power supply to the choke is wrong, I also have a lot of blow by from the oil breather, but gonna let things run for awhile since it has not been run since 1977 and see if time may heal..lol....Best of luck...Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic