TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Fuel Tank for 56 Ambassador Super

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Tank for 56 Ambassador Super
    Posted: Aug/11/2017 at 9:03am
Good morning all, new member here. I have searched all the topics and either can't find it or no posts on fuel tanks for a 56 Ambassador Super. Can anyone direct me to where I can find one NOS or Re-production? Thanks and this site is great! Thanks to all who contribute and provide all of this information.
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2017 at 7:11pm
I can almost guarantee no one is reproducing them.  An NOS tank  would almost be impossible.  Your best bet would be to see if your present tank is repairable or place an ad in the WANTED section of this forum for a good used one.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2017 at 8:55pm
First I don't know what that tank is shaped like. I know what your car is, but it is the old Rambler big car body so I am not familiar with it's fuel system.  One suggestion is to take measurements of the tank and look on Ebay or elsewhere for one of the universal fuel tanks that are made nowdays.  You might have to change the fuel filler opening but that is pretty easy especially on a new tank that has never had fuel in it and would braze or weld easily.  Also, check with Galvin's Rambler Parts in Lodi, since they seem to be a little more sensitive to the needs of the older cars.  Also, put a wanted ad on the Nash Car Club classifieds.  They are available online and it is free.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2017 at 4:37pm
'56 Ambo is a NASH...

Check NASH suppliers first.

'Cause after '57, the Ambo was built on the '56-'57 RAMBLER body, from the firewall back.  BIG difference.

IIRC, the '55-'57 Nash and Hudson big cars had the filler on the PASSENGER side. RAMBLER had a driver-side filler.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic