TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Fuel line hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollotaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel line hose
    Posted: Jun/02/2017 at 6:19am
I have a 1959 Rambler Super. Does anyone have an original fuel line filler hose that goes from the fender to the tank. Does anyone know where to find one? HELP !!!!
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2017 at 10:27am
I have bought hoses from Tanks, Inc. and cut/spliced them to make up hard to find hoses.
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=167/mode=cat/cat167.htm
Also, tractors use fuel hoses and I have found some on antique tractor parts vendor websites.
Our local Carquest has some available that they cut to length, too.
Of course, an original is better but not always available.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2017 at 11:40am
they're not available new, and you wouldn't want an NOS one anyway, the rubber has all gone stiff and useless.

i too fabricated one. i got hose and a locking cap and etc from http://fuelfillersupply.com/.

the filler neck at the top, on the fender, was some effort though. i got some exhaust "reducers" from AutoZOne, steel pipe i forget the diameters, that necked down from something like 2.25 to 2.00, cut a "v" out of it, bent it closed, welded that, and welded the big end onto the gas cap bayonet socket htat bolts to the fender.

the V cut and weld put the 2" end of the short pipe at thr right angle to accept standard 2" fuel filler hose as a straight shot down to the tank.

i know of no other way to fix this without fabrication of some sort. probably not the answer you wanted to hear.

there are at least two threads on this forum for this very subject.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2017 at 11:19pm
NAPA has like 31 choices for fuel filler hoses.  You may want to go through what they offer.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2017 at 6:18am
Would that be www.fillernecksupply.com?
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic