TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

fuel hose no longer boring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2019 at 8:30pm
Be careful when you purchase any hose for gasoline use.  It could be possible that it was manufactured using the older rubber compounds.  NOS is probably NOT good.

I can not comment on what the AMC vendors are selling today.  I just don't know.
Terry

1971 Burnished Brown Javelin/AMX
1971 Mustard Yellow Javelin/AMX
1970 Bayshore Blue AMX
1969 Beale Street Blue Javelin SST
1967 Signet Gold Pontiac GTO
1967 Gold Mist Buick G/S 400
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2019 at 11:09pm
i bought the host from Summitracing.com in nov 2018. i overlooked, at that time, that Summit clearly marked it as "not suitable for alcohol...", that the markigns on the hose whatever they are, when i looked them up, pertained to pressure and other ratings, and not for permeability.

i'm quite happy with California CARB regulations on permeability. i know everone loves to hate CA, but i personally remembe being made ill by Los Angeles smog in the 1970's, just getting off a plane. its not like that any more. whatever this costs, it's fine. YMMV.

though i did just get burned by a Prop 65 ("carcinogen") regulatory problem -- it's quite hilarious, slightly OT here -- RockAuto has 12" windshield wipers for my car, but i cannot purchase them, as rockauto doesn't have Prop65 data on them (likely made 1,000,000 years ago so of course not).

i find it hard to believe that the Dayco hose was a "bad batch", especially enhanced by the explicit 'no alcohol' statement.

yeah, i don't need "FI" hose at all. but FI hose applications seem to encompass the other features (fuel resistance, permeability) that i wanted.

also, i only needed two feet of it!

1961 roadster american
195.6 OHV, modded
T5z, 3.42:1 mustang axle
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2019 at 8:11am
I have had problems with gas hose cracks.Cracks at the carb from the inside out or turns hard.Takes about a year.I put extra length on and cut the end off to expose soft hose.When the hose gets short I put another new one on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic