TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1977 AMC Pacer 3.8L engine mount * Need L&R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 AMC Pacer 3.8L engine mount * Need L&R
    Posted: Apr/13/2019 at 6:07pm
Trying to help a friend with his 1977 Pacer 3.8L project. It looks like the Left & Right engine mounts that we need are not that easy to find (part #322-6964 and #322-6965). If anyone has leads or an extra set in his garage, that would be awesome. In advance thank you for your tips and responses! J.Jacques
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2019 at 10:14pm
rockauto.com claims to have them. cheap ones, in both senses of the word...
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Article Indefini View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2019 at 1:13am
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I checked rockauto already and these motor mounts are not the ones I am looking for. 
Best J.Jacques

Edited by Article Indefini - Apr/14/2019 at 1:25am
REBEL_BOB View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote REBEL_BOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2019 at 8:53am
Galvins has the right one part #01_6994 there phone #209-365-6315  there the oval insert the u put in your mount bracket $19 good people give them a call in the left coast OR.
THANKS FROM REBEL_BOB
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2019 at 11:59am
That's a start. Our mounts collapsed and I am afraid the whole thing needs to be replaced, on the L & R... but I will call them. Thank you very much and I will keep you posted. Best JJ

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Article Indefini Article Indefini wrote:

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I checked rockauto already and these motor mounts are not the ones I am looking for.

sad that it's as suspected. can't trust anyone any more! so many parts listings are like that today. sorry.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2019 at 12:45pm
The Facebook Pacer page has some knowledgeable Pacer people there who may have a parts source for you.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2019 at 1:43pm
Thank you Joe. I already reached out some members and hope I will find the parts I am looking for. Apparently, these parts are not easy to find! :)

FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 2:33am
You've got to be kidding. That's a load of malarkey. Here they are. These are the mounts I bought for the 232 in my 1977 Hornet about four years ago and they are the same mounts used by just about all AMC sixes, including in the Pacer. Your Pacer.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6021162

Print it out and give the page to the counter sales associate. Order two because they are the same part left and right. You will probably have to wait a few days to get them.

This is one of the easier parts to find for a Pacer. I suggest improving your search skills by an order of magnitude.
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 4:11am
Thank you for the link (also, kudos for your condescending comments... So nice!). These parts from Napa may work but they differ from what I have. Nevertheless, I give you the benefit of the doubt and will give it a try. I will follow your advice regarding my search skills. I hope you can do the same with your manners. Greetings from Malibu California 

Edited by Article Indefini - Apr/17/2019 at 4:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic