TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

NSRA Tampa, FL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NSRA Tampa, FL
    Posted: Apr/12/2019 at 8:03am
I am a NSRA member and registration is $35. We have never been before, so now it can be scratched off our bucket list. 

I don't find the sand lot that impressive other than the fact they seem to be the most discourteous  drivers in America. I might also add....NO Southern Hospitality there. 

In the future we will make one annual trip to Florida. One year we will attend the Florida Mopar Assocition Show in Ocala and the next year we will attend the The First Coast AMC Club event at the Spring Turkey Run in Daytona Beach. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2019 at 11:27pm
It is $20 bills just to walk in and look at the cars.A lot more to display a car.Ollie will state what the price is to enter a car.
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/11/2019 at 8:29pm
Never understood why they charge the people bringing the cars $20 (or whatever), they’re the draw for the public. No fee = more cars and more people to go see ‘em. Charge the public $5 to get in. 

As far as Florida implants, that’s all Floridians are now. My wife is a native, but she’s very much in the minority. All the “Floridians” now are from up North, which is why Florida has such a wacky-doodle reputation - the implants scurry from their A/C homes, to their A/C cars and clog up the streets. Then they go to the post office when I get off work and stand in line to mail something when they could have gone anytime during the day (retired bastards). 
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2019 at 7:54am
Alot bigger turn out Saturday, but way below what I would call NSRA standards. I extremely doubt there were 1000 registered vehicles....The gentleman we were sitting next to said the show seems to be getting smaller each year. I would say 90-95% of the vehicles had Florida tags. All the people I spoke to were Florida implants...crazy !!

This was my Best of Show pick. I like odd ball stuff, guess that's why I am a AMC'er......

My "Best of Show", 48 Ford "pickup" extremely nice with a 390/C-4 setup, a 1 of 1.....sounded good as I heard it drive past us while leaving. 

The only other AMC.....very nice....

We had a great time, but I don't think this event made our "must attend" list.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2019 at 7:08am
I am here and yes a rather lack luster show. 

Wife saw a 800 registration number but it does not seem as that many to me. Maybe it will pick up today, Saturday. 

Not much of a vendor turn out either. 

I will post my Best of Show tonight.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2019 at 9:01pm
Waste of time and money.You may see a Nash with a chevy engine.
Phitown Hustler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phitown Hustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2019 at 8:13pm
Went there last year. Only one AMX as I recall and I saw everything in a couple hours and frankly it wasn't that great a venue. $20 admission is a joke. Lots of better local shows in Tampa Bay area this time of year for free.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2019 at 7:52am
Anyone planning on attending ??? We will be there Fri-Sun, Apr 5-7. Be great to met up with a another AMC'er. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Apr/02/2019 at 10:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic