TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 1, 2019, 8TH ANNUAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 1, 2019, 8TH ANNUAL! - Event Date: Jun/01/2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 1, 2019, 8TH ANNUAL!
    Posted: Jan/30/2019 at 10:32am
It's time to spread the word among the AMC and Jeep faithful for the 8th Annual East Texas AMC Cruise-In, June 1, 2019, hosted here in Lufkin, TX.   For those unfamiliar with this event, click one of the links below from 2012 through 2018 to take a peek at what you've missed:
I can't really sum it up better than I already have in years past, so this may look familiar:
This has been described as the most comfortable car event most folks have ever attended.  We'll have plenty of sun and plenty of shade, cars are parked on grass, not hot pavement (unless we have to substitute the event location due to weather, which thankfully hasn't been required yet), plenty of good food, plenty of good friends, plenty of good cars and Jeeps, plenty of parts, this is the AMC place to be in June.  Last year our swap meet area was again packed with parts and there are no vendor fees.  Hagerty Insurance was in attendance again to offer lots of valuable advice and give quotes to our attendees (and some great freebie items ; ).  
Always remember, whether it is a trailered show car, a survivor original, a work in progress or even if it's not running or you think it's just too ugly, 
"Drive it, Drag it or Tow it!", all are welcome!  And we mean that.  Please, bring them out and share them, people really do want to see and appreciate your vehicle.  We have had folks come in from several surrounding states to participate and attend.  See if you can come and win the Long Distance award this year (a hint: you may have to come from further than Mississippi Wink and last year it was very close between a couple of our participants from over there.)

There is a possibility that we will have some live entertainment this year, though there are several factors that will dictate that in the final run-up, but fingers crossed it won't all be music from cd's this year, stay tuned for developments.

This year we are on the first Saturday of the month that also coincides with the monthly Lufkin Cruise-In at Ray's Drive-In on North Timberland Drive, so for those that can't get enough car events in one day, here is another for that evening.  You'll have a couple or three hours after we wrap up with the ETCI to roll back to the hotel for a nap or drive around Lufkin (downtown antique and boutique shopping) before heading to the Cruise-In that gets going around 5:30 or so.  I'd love for us to roll in there representing the red, white and blue en masse Wink

A little bit about our location.  Lufkin, TX has a population of over 35,000 and is a hub for East TX and the surrounding area, fairly centrally located between:

120 miles north on Hwy 59 of downtown Houston

85 miles south on Hwy 69 from downtown Tyler

175 miles south-east from downtown Dallas

165 miles east of Waco

125 miles east of College Station

120 miles south-west from downtown Shreveport, LA

160 miles west of Alexandria, LA

175 miles south of Texarkana, TX/AR

300 miles north-east of San Antonio

We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making new ones too.  More details and our show flyer will follow.

Feel free to contact us with any questions: Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@icloud.com

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2019 at 3:21pm
We will be trying for the Driven Long Distance Award again..........but i would be a happy to lose out to a fellow AMC driver    Clap

Reagan is right on my friends, you will be had pressed to find a more enjoyable car event. AMC people, good food, millions of dollars (more or less) worth of door prizes. Now possibly live music  ??? Rock on in the AMC World !!!!!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2019 at 3:34pm
See folks, and he's not even a paid endorser...well, other than a fine free lunch that my wife prepares, but now everyone receives that so...Wink
Thanks for jumping in with a reply Ollie.  We look forward to having you and Teresa back again this year.  Folks, if you haven't met this couple they are the Road Warriors of the AMC world and represent the faithful all over the country throughout the year.  We're certainly glad y'all have made the ETCI a must attend event each year.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2019 at 11:04am
A thanks goes out again this year to Janice Taylor for the assist in getting the event flyer together.  Please feel free to print off copies and circulate them to help spread the word for our event.  I've inserted the flyer at the bottom of this posting.

Please note, this we have two events in one day this year in Lufkin, as our event coincides with the monthly Lufkin Cruise-In night beside Ray's Drive-In, located at 420 N Timberland Drive, 75901.  We'll likely wrap up the ETCI around 3:30 or so, which will give folks a couple of hours to explore Lufkin some more or hit the hotel room for a nap before this free cruise-in gets going around 5:30 and goes until folks finally leave, sometimes 10:00 or even later.  Ray's is a classic drive-in that has been in business since the 1950's and has a car themed interior, actual car hops if you prefer to have the full drive-in experience or even deck seating that overlooks the cruise-in.  I'm hoping we have some folks that will want make both events for the day so we can further represent the red, white and blue in good numbers at this multi-make event and have some good exposure for our classics.  

Remember folks, this is an any condition welcome event, so Drive It!, Drag It! or Tow It!  Just because you think "Aw, it's just an ugly project right now" doesn't mean folks don't want to see it.  There is as much appreciation for these as there are fully restored vehicles and there is no judging, so bring them out and share them.  We've had a family help their son bring his project over that had no motor or transmission in it.  They trailered it, pushed it off the trailer and out onto the lawn.  He was even able to get some needed parts and make sure they were the right ones because his project was right there.

Keep in mind that if you are unable to bring your vehicle, but have some spare parts that need a new home, this is the venue to bring them to.  If you know you'll be bringing some parts or are going to be attending and are in need of some parts, please post those here so others that will be attending can see.  
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2019 at 11:30am
I'm attaching the event registration form below.  If you plan to attend let me know as soon as you can, as we need to establish our headcount for lunch prep, etc.  If you are planning on trailering a vehicle let me know so I can start planning out the parking/unloading for those. 
We've had some folks already talking about parts they are needing and ones they'll be bringing for sale/swap, so if you have some specific parts needs or know some of the things you'll be bringing, please post them here and/or send them to me via e-mail and I'll get the request out to the over 200 folks that receive my AMC/Jeep e-mails.  More info to follow soon, I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2019 at 12:12pm
Update time! I'm glad to announce we will have live entertainment at this years' East Texas AMC Cruse-In with Lufkin's own "Steppin' Out" playing around midday.  Just one more great reason to bring your folding chairs and join us for a not to be missed day!

Please, be sure and let me know if you are attending, with or without a vehicle, as this aids us in getting everything prepared for the event.  The registration form is on the prior post to this or you can email me the info to ratliffr@icloud.com or ratliffr@centralisd.com

Remember too, Lufkin's monthly cruise-in takes place that night, so this is a two-for-one event weekend in Lufkin!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Reagan
936-225-0569
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic