TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

304 on the dyno

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 304 on the dyno
    Posted: Nov/06/2022 at 5:47pm
If one of us wins the powerball... 

Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

If your pockets were deep enough, I wonder what this combo would do with the Edelbrock Pro-Flow 4 EFI...

If I win that Powerball jackpot, i may have to find out.

Probably a wash. Difference is an efi will be repeatable day after day.
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2022 at 10:38am
Doing a roller cam upgrade and refresh on the engine in the next month

Heads are getting 2.02/1.6 valves with notched cylinders also so I am curious to see what it makes for power now 
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2022 at 10:03am
If your pockets were deep enough, I wonder what this combo would do with the Edelbrock Pro-Flow 4 EFI...

If I win that Powerball jackpot, i may have to find out.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
CHAR View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 4:34pm
Could you guess if those headers would fit in a 2nd gen Javelin?  I have a set of 1 5/8's that are going to flow into a new set of 2 1/2" pipes.  Those on the dyno look much bigger.

Thx.
72 Javelin SST P code 360/auto/AC/rear defrost /Go Pack/Polar White w blue cord interior.
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/10/2019 at 5:47am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Originally posted by BMOgremlin BMOgremlin wrote:

In a earlier post it has the cam card from bullet. Are the specs on the card configured using 1.6 or 1.7 rocker ratio?
The cam card posted says .3091 lobe lift and .525 gross. That would make it 1.7 rockers at .525.

LS rockers have a LOW ratio of 1.7:1.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2019 at 10:07pm
It's easy to make power with big cubes - but making power with a smaller engine is more of a challenge and more fun in some ways. 
The Jeep people get all worked up when someone goes into their forum and says they are going to spend a grand on a head, do this, do that - they get blasted by folks saying "why when you can drop a V8 into it cheaper".
So? Making more power with a 6 is something few do so it gets attention when you see these high HP, high torque smaller engines. You know some thinking went into it. More thinking than the average 401 out there. You can buy parts from a checklist and get power - do what everyone else is doing. 
Heck, that little engine is in the territory of my 360! 
Impressive for sure. Well over a HP per cube, with a 304.
That's just plain cool. 

EVF_Sportabout View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EVF_Sportabout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2019 at 9:51pm
This build was not about maximum power it was about enough power to be fun to drive for me.  But John and I held ourselves back throughout the build because the car is my wife's.  So no wild quirks, no street drive ability issues it had to start easily and drive easily or she would not touch the car.  It has close to 1000 miles on it now and it is all those things.  It has been in the mid ninteys and it does not over heat or vapor lock.  The car handles stop and go traffic and cruising situations without giving the driver any of the hot rod drive ability issues.

The car can far more than keep up with traffic and has plenty of passing power in any situation.  Is it the fastest thing out there no.  Is it easy and fun to drive HECK YEAH!  Its already hitting 17 miles to the gallon as well.

Its going to drive to Kenosha next summer! Fun! not Hi Po problems. SmileTongueEmbarrassed 

Not every engine has to be a beast...
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2019 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by BMOgremlin BMOgremlin wrote:

In a earlier post it has the cam card from bullet. Are the specs on the card configured using 1.6 or 1.7 rocker ratio?
The cam card posted says .3091 lobe lift and .525 gross. That would make it 1.7 rockers at .525.
BMOgremlin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMOgremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/08/2019 at 4:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic