TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

GAD 18 - Event Date: May/24/2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2019 at 4:55pm
Once again Mike, Elsa, and their support team hit it out of the park. What a great time. So many people had so many positive things to say about the location. I think Mike needs to consider Pacemakers for the next GAD. Even the weather cooperated this year.

A "thank you" should also go out to all who took the time to show up and partake of this great event. This is really a "for the people" event.

Congrats to the peoples choice winners and the racers who scored some wins.

Glad to hear, so far, that everyone made it home safely.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 7:58am
Originally posted by amcglass amcglass wrote:

I would like to give a shout out to Mike and crew for another awesome GAD.   the weather was great .... great car show awesome parts vending and Races just fantastic .   all in all just another GREAT GAD.   Pacemakers dragway welcomed us with open arms and have a nice place for us to have this gathering. THANK YOU MIKE AND CREW for all that you do

Absolutely agree!  My third year in a row attending and as always had a great time.  Pacemakers is a nice location for the meet.  A little smaller than NTR but I think that makes it even better.  Met a couple more forum members and had a great time talking with them. 

And Bob, if you leave the keys in the Rogue one more time, I can't promise I won't be too tempted! Big smile
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 11:32am
After attending last year I was truly sad I didn't make it this year :(

Thanks for posting pictures!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 12:15pm

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 7:03pm
Hi Gang,
Sorry i am several days late posting much anywhere about this years GAD..
we had a couple with car broke down from out of the country. so we got them up and on there way to there own beds Sunday afternoon.  then home to start unloading the pos and the box trailer.. everything still isn't done yet tho..

I Am so happy to hear that Most everyone liked Pacemakers. I like the place also, Rod Z. is the owner and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. 
I was Sold when he treated Ray Helm from Buffalo with open arms,, invited them to pull there rv and trailer inside the gate after hours Thursday night.. then his crew stopped to check on them and offered water if they would like.

GAD wouldnt be as great as it is, if our own Pit Crew wasn't a part of it!!! Ken selfishly donates his time and money to help!
thanks to everyone that helps sponsor/work the event and everyone that comes...
I have some ideals rolling around in my head now, we will chat with Rod @ Pacemakers about GAD 19 (2020) for sure...
we might even be able to talk him into letting the Crazy Gringos (band) perform at the track friday instead of our Garage at home, letting a lot more people relax and enjoy the great band they are.. 
Thank you everyone..

POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 7:05pm

Great Amc Day 18 RESULTS

I am sorry it has taken this long to get race and show results this year folks..

Anyway...
for those that were unable to make GAD this year @ Pacemakers raceway park in Mount Vernon Ohio.
We had Beautiful weather!! couldn't have asked for any better imo.. high about 80 and sunny to party cloudy all day.. low humidity and Friends and cars!
There was right about 162 people in attendance this year. Not counting our working staff of volunteers.
This is our first time hosting GAD @ Pacemakers, so when you pull into the racetrack area, you were greeted by the car show portion of GAD that is handled by Ken walker aka Pitcrew. He is the K in J & K resto mods in northern ohio. And his chief worker Javelin Sue Leair. There was 12 show cars in attendance this year..
winners of the car show were

People's Choice went to Randy Hensinger with his beautiful 70 Javelin
1st place went to Doug Smith with his beautiful 74 Javelin
2nd place went to Bob Wilcox with his breath taking 67 Rogue
3rd place went to Lee Crum in his 69 AMX
Bob Wilcox also won the Sponsors choice trophy also.

We have 2 special awards!

1st is the McCorkle (used to be the showmanship) went to Dave Donte in his S/C Rambler.

2nd is the newest to GAD.
The Rotorhead award in honor of Dick Halstead that passed away several years ago now.
He was a vietnam Vet. And would give the shirt of his back to help a fellow car person out. This award is sponsored by Tom Guarr.. and went to one of the youngest AMCers currently involved in all aspects of the hobby!

Congrads go to Damian Terrell.. well deserved young man.

Now on to the Race portion of our day!!!

There were 27 tech cards issued to the racers this year.. (including the POS).
Of the 27 cards issued, there were 21 cars in competition.

AMC/Mopar class

1st place went to Matt Obertanec (spirit)
2nd place went to Dan Henderson (AMX)
3rd place went to Keith Meador (Mopar)
4th place went to Ray Helm (Javelin)

In Our Stick Shift Class our winners are

1st Place went to Ed McConnell (Nova)
2nd place went to Jack Miller (Javelin)
3rd place went to Micah Rose (AMX)
4th place went to Patrick Terrell (Javelin)

we also had a 50/50 drawling,, with the house's 50% gets donated to needy kids @ Christmas time in wifes hometown in the Philippines!

The children's half was 186.00
the other half was 191.00 I am not sure of the name of the winner of that half, but he came up to me a little later and handed me back the unopened envelope and asked me to put it in the GAD 19 (2020) fund..
also the winner of a 50.00 long distance award donated it back towards GAD 19!!

Elsa and I and volunteers have such a Great time doing GAD. That once we figure out the plan for GAD 19. we will be sharing the heck out of it.. again thanks to all our sponsors and guests that attend.
Hope everyone has a Great AMC Day!
Mike And Elsa Luke

67RogueX-Code View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67RogueX-Code Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2019 at 7:18pm
Thanks a lot Mike. This was the first year that I was able o make it to GAD... I REALLY had a great time, weather and hospitality couldn't have been better. 
Bob Wilcox

67RogueX-Code
Judo390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Judo390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2019 at 9:43am
Thank you for posting for those of us who cannot attend. We enjoy reading the results and seeing the pictures. Would love to see some names with the pics and times on the runs, for those of us who live vicariously. Looks like a lot of work, but you had a great result. Thanks again.
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2019 at 11:14am
Great work Mike, I'll make it out again I promise! Camping at the track would be a bonus for sure for those coming from out of town.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

Originally posted by amcglass amcglass wrote:

I would like to give a shout out to Mike and crew for another awesome GAD.   the weather was great .... great car show awesome parts vending and Races just fantastic .   all in all just another GREAT GAD.   Pacemakers dragway welcomed us with open arms and have a nice place for us to have this gathering. THANK YOU MIKE AND CREW for all that you do

Same here as well! First time for me and I had a good time meeting forum members and a few others. I had never been to Pacemakers and I think it's a great track in a nice setting. Hope it stays there. I'm planning on going next year. It sure would be nice for people to bring their cars though. Wink

Keith, I can't understand how your Hemi Javelin was passed over for a car show award when everyone there was talking about it! Hopefully winning isn't that important to you. With a car like yours who needs a stinkin' trophy anyway!
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic