TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

My 69 amx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/12/2019 at 8:24pm
Gary if your talking about one of those large cap HEI units I don't think it will clear due to your power steering pump location. The Motorcraft style distributor with a remote module and MSD coil I believe would be a good dependable upgrade and would look close to stock. Give me a call or send me a text if you want to tow it over here to get it running. Sonny
Lets go racing!
Dirtydog View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 2:59pm
maybe cracked distributor cap. Maybe fuel pump fuel filter clogged. Go with electronic ignition. Make sure your exhaust is Flowing right nothing plugging it up. Just throwing some ideas out for you
amx007 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 3:29pm
Big thanx to grey ghost it’s running and now to get it road worthy 
Gary 
dream red white and blue
1968 Chicago auto show amx 290 4 speed
1969 driver Amx 290 auto
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by amx007 amx007 wrote:

Big thanx to grey ghost it’s running and now to get it road worthy 
Gary 

And the problem was...............?????????????????????????
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
amx007 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2019 at 7:29pm
installed new electronic ignition and adjust timing some others things and now to tighten it up yey
dream red white and blue
1968 Chicago auto show amx 290 4 speed
1969 driver Amx 290 auto
Grey Ghost View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2019 at 6:40pm
The original dizzy gear was chewed up but not toast yet, found cam gear only had oil coming out of 1 hole. replaced the gear with a new one and rechecked oil flow now has full oil coverage. Installed a dizzy out of a Jeep with a GM hei module, pulled carb found fuel leaking out of primaries, pulled the bowl found 2 gaskets on the power valve so replaced both. Oil was fuel diluted drained out like water.
Starts right up motor seems to run well has brake and suspension issues I didn't want to go to far. That's where it's at now.
Lets go racing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic