TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

RHD AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2018 at 8:39am
What a project, you are a creative genius !! Need you on my 69 American project.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2018 at 4:08pm
In the USA, the hood trim was attached with "stamped" nuts that used an inside nut driver due to the limited clearance for a standard nut and socket to tighten the nut.
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2018 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

What a project, you are a creative genius !! Need you on my 69 American project.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

I'd be there if the Pacific wasn't blocking the way. I have learnt alot reading your posts.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2018 at 2:45am
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

In the USA, the hood trim was attached with "stamped" nuts that used an inside nut driver due to the limited clearance for a standard nut and socket to tighten the nut.

Those stamped nuts are on the Aussie AMX's as well.
 Here's a better picture.
 There are two stamped nuts with a wire clip between on each side.
The nut extension on the right is a cunning way of getting around the problem.
The fasteners I made yesterday went on OK, but as you pointed out clearance was limited. ( I used a small socket )
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 4:33am
Made up two sets of grille bracket supports we were missing.

Visitor turned up today. ( Red AMX )   Four RHD AMX's together.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
TX390AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX390AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 3:34pm
John,
  You're an inspiration to us all. With only 24 Aussie AMX's ever made, to see 4 of them in one garage 49 years later is amazing! Your fabrication work and detail is impressive, thanks for sharing. My daughter lives in Perth, WA, but at my age, I doubt I'll ever be able to visit. Still enjoying the posts from members outside the US who take on these challenging restorations.
Terry
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Rally Green
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Matador Red
68 AMX 390 4 Sp Calcutta   
   Russet
56 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2016 Can AM Spyder
55 Chev pickup
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by TX390AMX TX390AMX wrote:

John,
  You're an inspiration to us all. With only 24 Aussie AMX's ever made, to see 4 of them in one garage 49 years later is amazing! Your fabrication work and detail is impressive, thanks for sharing. My daughter lives in Perth, WA, but at my age, I doubt I'll ever be able to visit. Still enjoying the posts from members outside the US who take on these challenging restorations.

TX390AMX,  Thankyou, but to clarify, only three are Aussie assembled AMX's and one of those belongs to a friend. 
The Alamosa Aqua AMX is a US import converted to RHD using parts from an Aussie assembled 1970 Javelin. I plan to work on it after I complete the Yellow one. The previous owner of the Alamosa Aqua AMX has done some brilliant work on it. I need to learn alot more to finish it to the same standard.
  Hope you can visit Perth. Call in here too.  My wife & I visited your country in 2014. Car people over there who we spent time with have come over here and stayed with us. Good cars are beaut but the real treasure in a car forum is the people you meet.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2018 at 12:10pm
Our Aussie AMX's came out with Dunlop Aquajet ER70H14 tyres.

When I was looking for tryes the same size, H speed rating and not too expensive I could only find
whitewalls.  At a recent car show I met a bloke said if I had 10 tyres to do he would come to our house and do them. Got the tyres flipped over on the rims and put a redline on them yesterday.
 Happy with the result. Pretty cool watching that red line come round as it is first applied to the tyre.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/21/2018 at 12:41pm
Looks like Santa started early this year LOL . Merry Christmas to you and Phyllis , man your a man on a mission and doing so good , at this rate you are going to beat MAD MAX to the road I am still waiting on a few things to tidy up then start on #2 . It's been a fast year and you have done so good .   good on you mate ,jump the ditch and finish mine for me LOL.   Marry Christmas 
Mad max # 15
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2018 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Amx nz Amx nz wrote:

Looks like Santa started early this year LOL . Merry Christmas to you and Phyllis , man your a man on a mission and doing so good , at this rate you are going to beat MAD MAX to the road I am still waiting on a few things to tidy up then start on #2 . It's been a fast year and you have done so good .   good on you mate ,jump the ditch and finish mine for me LOL.   Marry Christmas 

That ditch is a problem for both of us Doug. Sure would like to catch up with MAD MAX and the others.
Merry Christmas to you and Faye.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic