TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

RHD AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by PABLO PABLO wrote:

I´m speechless 
I´m doing small restoring works on my 1973 AMX but nothing comparable your work is capital letters 

Thanks Pablo,
              My work is not as good as it looks in the pictures. In person my AMX doesn't look brand new all over. 50 years old shows through in places.
Hoping it proves reliable to drive.
Got my electrical problems sorted out. Waiting on a new brake caliper to replace the resleeved one that leaks.
Your 73 looks great to me.
John.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2019 at 12:40am
Well done, for a latecomer to the AMC family your sure are making a credible impact.
Allan
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/25/2019 at 7:47am
Originally posted by AMCAMX390 AMCAMX390 wrote:

Well done, for a latecomer to the AMC family your sure are making a credible impact.
Allan

Thanks Allan,
              About ready to try for a roadworthy.

Door panels are in. Windows now working with the new seals.

Mudflaps on to protect paintwork.

New regulator in. Bent accelerator pedal arm today to give more travel.

Spare up wrong way, easier to check pressure.
New rear brake proportioning valve about a week away.
Caliper about three weeks.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
PABLO View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PABLO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2019 at 1:51pm
You are too modest!
When i grow up I want to be like you Smile
Realy your work looks grate. 
I the future i hope I can do things like yours.
1973 JAVELIN AMX 360 AUTO
1973 DODGE 3700 GT (built in Spain)
SPAIN (EUROPE)
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2019 at 6:53pm
On road now with full rego. New brake caliper installed. Done a few miles.
Took the AMX down the Gillies Range Road yesterday to a car show in Cairns.
    Mid 2014 co-pilot and I drove the Tail of The Dragon between Tennessee and North Carolina. Awesome road.
Our Gillies Range is much similar,- 269 bends, drops about 2000 feet in 12 miles. We live up on top, Have driven it many times when I got nothing else to do in an AWD Japanese supercar. Found I enjoy it way more in an AMX. Even better yesterday in an AMX I got back on the road.

Beaut Hornet was at the car show. This is one of the AMI cars converted to V8 at Premier Motors in Perth.

Stopped at the Mountainview Pub before we started back up. Like any good driving road, always plenty of bikes.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/11/2019 at 7:33pm
I love it.....YOU DID IT
Build'em.......drive'em.........enjoy'em.....wear'em out

We have put 75,000 miles on our 66 American convertible and its still going strong.......

Hope to wear out the "The 69"  soon.....we'll see who lasts longer us or the AMC

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2019 at 4:43pm
That is awesome to see it back on the road after so many years of being somebody else's project car.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Brootal View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brootal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2019 at 10:29pm
Wow, I'm a bit late to the party, but what an awesome job. You're clearly a man of many talents. Impressed with the amount of research you did to do an (almost?) concours restoration. I'm usually not that fussed about cars restored to bog stock condition, but with the Aussie AMX's rarity, even I admit it's the right thing to do.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2019 at 2:32am
Thanks Ollie, I've done 300mile in the last two weeks.

Thanks Darren, Your help is much appreciated.

Originally posted by Brootal Brootal wrote:

Wow, I'm a bit late to the party, but what an awesome job. You're clearly a man of many talents. Impressed with the amount of research you did to do an (almost?) concours restoration. I'm usually not that fussed about cars restored to bog stock condition, but with the Aussie AMX's rarity, even I admit it's the right thing to do.

Thanks for that, Have admired what you do with your car. Hope to meet in person sometime. Last drove over to WA in 2012. Did a few runs at Kwinana. Be great to catch up there oneday.

Been super lucky with the two Aussie AMX's. Some good people took a chance on me with their cars. #24 was a good template for #14.
Got lots of help, first was a TSM. Nother bloke gave me a 69 parts book. And I made a good friend who knows what part exactly belongs where often times right down to the part number off the top of his head.
Wife and I did our best to make their help worthwhile.
Great to own #24 but its bit of a poisoned chalice. Crawl up a hollow log and die of shame if I damage it.
Beauty part about #14 is I got it on the road so what happens to it driving around is my business.
Its not as good as the pictures in person and might be a bit boring but I like driving a close to factory Aussie AMX.
Lately I got a 390 to finish off, allready has some custom work on it so I can try some new things with it. My Co-pilot is keen to hear a louder than factory exhaust for starters.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
Tomo View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2019 at 5:00am
Hi Guys: A few questions regarding the AMX. The handling on mine is pretty poor. There is about 30 degrees of free play on the steering wheel, either side. Steering bump is also a worry. 

My older Mustang has much better handling.

Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 14>
  Share Topic