TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Pacer dashboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwrpacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacer dashboard
    Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 10:25am
I need help taking the instrument cluster out of my 1980 Pacer. The high beam indictor light stopped working and I got the bulb (# 74) out of cluster through the speaker cover on the top of the dashboard.No speaker is in dashboard speakers are in doors and back.I can't get my fingers down behind dashboard cluster to turn the plastic bulb holder back. My question is how does the dash cluster come out of the dashboard? I have already removed most of the screws around woodgrain bezel at light switch and by the radio and clock. Removed nuts at radio knobs.I a tempted to not replace the bulb but the perfectionist in me can't stand that the light doesn't work. thanks to anyone who can help.
Strange View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2019 at 1:06am
Hi,

did you try to remove the cluster bezel ? It's easy ! Put bot hands inside the cluster bezel, press it (a little bit) outwards and pull it out - voila ! You can pull the lamp by using a rubber tube or so ..
bwrpacer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwrpacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2019 at 12:04pm
Thanks for the reply.  I thought that might be the way, because the cluster moved a little bit but I did not want to pull too hard and break the plastic. I will try to do what you said when the temperature gets a little warmer here in NJ.  Don't want to move plastic parts when it's below freezing in my garage....no heated garage!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic