TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

best AMC for F.A.S.T./ Pure Stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2019 at 8:57pm
😁Ha! Thanks Rich, great to see ya again. Get your car back in shape for next year!

Edited by n2ojoe - Sep/17/2019 at 8:59pm
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2019 at 10:57pm
Go Get'Em Tiger !....  uh.... er..... uh...  wait a minute... Pinch
txamx View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote txamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2019 at 8:46pm
Joe’s ‘70 AMX runs as good as it looks!  Nothing like seeing a beautiful AMX running wicked fast!

Look forward to seeing you next year Joe!
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by txamx txamx wrote:

Joe’s ‘70 AMX runs as good as it looks!  Nothing like seeing a beautiful AMX running wicked fast!

Look forward to seeing you next year Joe

Thanks John, and I'm so glad your 68 AMX was able to make its PSD debut! Absolutely the nicest AMC in attendance! I can't wait to see how the photoshoot turns out 😉

20190914_163902 by Joe Pinsoneault, on Flickr
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/11/2020 at 6:26am
Just a little update to this thread, I made a last minute decision to attend the F.A.S.T. October surprise track rental at US131 in Martin, MI on Friday with my AMX and had a great time! It was nice to see Dan Jensen (who puts on the Pure Stock Drags) in attendence with his awesome base 71 Javelin 401, and also an original survivor SC360 Hornet there too! It was a fun test day with tons of track time on the best strip in Michigan. I ran a best of 12.80 @ 109 mph. The car's best time so far was a few weeks prior at the Pure Stock Drags at Mid Michigan, where stellar air conditions helped it run 12.72 @ 110 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7yw4j5iMzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOVpfnTM6Xc

Edited by n2ojoe - Oct/11/2020 at 7:06am
hacksaw1971 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hacksaw1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/28/2020 at 8:36am
this is a tuff one .... first gen AMX 390??? or well tuned S/C with good gears ...... trading CI for weight and go with a 401 jav??  .. i think il stick with lite weight and a few less cubes. that being said ... no way im taking the hot 401 out of my 71 hornet .... 
its the little things that make the biggest difference
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2021 at 10:46am
I attended the F.A.S.T. Spring Nationals on Thurs/Fri May 13/14 at US131 motorsports park in Martin, MI. Beautiful weather conditions produced record setting runs and personal bests for many racers.  I raced my 70 AMX in the Factory Stock class, which are the same rules as the Pure Stock Drags with minimal allowed modifications.
I made 22 passes over the 2 days, which is certainly one of the best things about these type of races. I was able to match my personal best during Thursday qualifying with a soft 1.96 60', and 12.72 @ 110 mph. I was paired with a sharp looking 1971 Buick GS 455 in the shootout on Friday and lost in a very close race. The Buick qualified with a 12.6X pass so I knew I'd have my hands full keeping up. I had a better reaction time, but the hard charging GS jumped ahead after the 60'. I had a few mph over him, and was pulling up door to door at the stripe but just ran out of real estate and lost by .0245 second. I was awarded my F.A.S.T. 12 second club sticker though, which helped ease the pain LOL. Time to get back to work and prepare for GAD!

n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2021 at 10:50am
Another close race was with this 340 Demon, where my AMX took the win!

Edited by n2ojoe - May/16/2021 at 7:45pm
70,71,72 AMXS View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 70,71,72 AMXS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2021 at 7:50am
Very cool Joe! Which car is going to GAD?
Bruce in NW Ohio
n2ojoe View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote n2ojoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2021 at 8:52am
Thanks Bruce- I plan on bringing the 70 AMX to GAD, but may change the rear gears if time permits.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic