TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

6 Barrel 401

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2018 at 1:39pm
Tom..........I fixed the links for you.

The cheapest route to a AMC 6 barrel intake is the Indy Mod Man. 

Or you have to go custom and custom isnt cheap.  I think if you send Hogan a performer or other cheap intake they can build off the base and save you some money.  Has been a few years since I spoke with them about it.

I see $3500 cross rams so $4000 for custom built intake.....designed for your exact motor.....doesnt seem that ridiculous to me.
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2018 at 8:52am

Saw this on Facebook
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2018 at 9:36am
I think they need a new potato to take pictures with LOL

It looks WAY cooler than I though it would with the 3x Holley's tho Clap

Is that a Hogan intake?

^If yes I bet it goes as good as it looks! Star

Originally posted by Javelin_GT Javelin_GT wrote:

I think if you send Hogan a performer or other cheap intake they can build off the base and save you some money.  Has been a few years since I spoke with them about it.

I see $3500 cross rams so $4000 for custom built intake.....designed for your exact motor.....doesnt seem that ridiculous to me.

I would bet real money that a properly designed Hogan 3x2 intake would outperform an original Crossram as well!

Coolness factor is hard to weigh,
so retaining resale value would be the only sure place I can see a Crossram beating a custom 3x2 intake in the future.

Edited by jpnjim - Nov/04/2018 at 9:42am
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
pfordamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfordamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2018 at 11:30am
I actually priced a hogan one just like the car craft piece is about 3000 not 4000. with a flat top its about 2500.
joelash1 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2018 at 11:55am
I have a TRACO 2-4Bbl AMC manifold that I'm hoping to put on a 390-68 AMX.  I assume these manifolds were meant for Carter/Edelbrock carburetors.  Is this right??
Also, there is a threaded hole in the back about where the Heater Control Valve would normally be.  Is this used for some sort of Crankcase Ventilation??
Any other info would be helpful.
Thanks!!!

I have photos but can't figure out how to paste.
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2018 at 12:45pm
On other forum that is pretty defunct now there was a guy who went by the name HILLBILLYBOB.  He had a TRACO 2x4 intake on his AMX road racer.

Does yours have a removable top?
6speedamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6speedamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/11/2018 at 8:22pm
Got mine back yesterday...
64290Americanconv-ForSale
69Jav390-DadboughtNew!
69BBBJav3904spModpkg-ForSale
69BBBAMX
SC/R-A,RWBMachine,TAJav
70BBB3904spAMX-ForSale
70BBOAMX
70BBGDonohue
SC360,72GremlinX3905spd
72P.C.Jav/AMX74AMX
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/12/2018 at 6:27am
Work of art!!!
bobsterfl View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsterfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 7:03pm
Back in the day, there was a company called Man-A-Fre that made a manifold using four Rochester two barrels in a staggered arrangement, with one caarb directly over each pair of intake ports.  I can't recall if they ever made anything for AMC's or not.
Bobsterfl
1970 BBO Javelin
390 - Torqueflight
bobsterfl View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsterfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/14/2018 at 7:08pm
Check out this site also on the Bill Kraft Rambler fitted with four two barrels.

Bobsterfl
1970 BBO Javelin
390 - Torqueflight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic