TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aviaid Dry Sump Oil Pan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aviaid Dry Sump Oil Pan
    Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 1:09am
Anyone using one of their oil pans?

http://aviaid.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/ds_oilpns_amc.html 

Tom

Edited by PROSTOCKTOM - Jul/31/2018 at 2:10pm
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 12:21pm
Check out post by Coloradoamx

Topic: TA Javelin 5 ltr

This is listed under the Racing/Circle track category. Looks like he is using all the Aviaid goodies!

Robert
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 6:19pm
Yes, I am using the Aviaid pan and pump.  I like the setup as well as the expert advice from Aviaid.  They have been around forever, and pioneered dry sump back in the early days.

amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 10:21pm
Yes I have this pan also.   I had to modify it over the weekend. I found out on Friday the rod bolts  from #5,6,7 & 8 on my 3.80 stroke w/ Compstar rods hit the louvers.  I had to modify the windage tray to lower it.   Also changed the type of "fender clips" that the windage tray bolts attach to.  Installed the clips that have full cylindrical threads, purchased aluminum 1/4 bolts and used medium thread lock. The fasteners  provided were steel bolts and fender clips that have 2 flat half sprung metal tabs for threads.  I wanted to make sure they wouldn't vibrate loose.
(don't know how to post pictures, sorry)
Jerry
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Yes I have this pan also.   I had to modify it over the weekend. I found out on Friday the rod bolts  from #5,6,7 & 8 on my 3.80 stroke w/ Compstar rods hit the louvers.  I had to modify the windage tray to lower it.   Also changed the type of "fender clips" that the windage tray bolts attach to.  Installed the clips that have full cylindrical threads, purchased aluminum 1/4 bolts and used medium thread lock. The fasteners  provided were steel bolts and fender clips that have 2 flat half sprung metal tabs for threads.  I wanted to make sure they wouldn't vibrate loose.
Jerry
To post a photo hit the reply and look for the 6th icon to the left. Image of a tree. Click on that image and the choose the photo. Click upload and it will appear on the box on the right. You'll figure out the rest from there.

Tom
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by amx600rr amx600rr wrote:

Jerry
This what I wanted to hear. I going to be using a 3.8" stroke with aluminum rods, so I doubt this pan is going to work for me unless the louvers can be moved down a lot.

Tom
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 7:00am
Yes I had to move the louver tray down almost flush with the front half of the pan. Bent the 4 tabs down.
Coloradoamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coloradoamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 1:34pm
I didn't have any stroke issues because my engine is de-stroked.  2.5" stroke.... although my engine is built by Barry Allen, so I don't know specifically when he had to do in terms of mods.

Wayne
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 7:03pm
amx600rr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx600rr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2018 at 7:12pm
You can see where #7 & 8 rod bolts scraped the 3 center louvers on the top row and 2nd, 3rd and 4th on the lower row from rod #6.
    In my rush to modify it, I failed to take a picture before I bolted the pan back on.
Jerry

(PROSTOCKTOM, Thank You for the Tutoring of posting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic