TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

White Case Gr 24 Batteries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2018 at 7:56pm
Deka is East Penn's brand.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by george w george w wrote:

Deka is East Penn's brand.
Correct!! They also make batteries for many different brands including NAPA if i recall. 
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 6:06am
Ok back to the subject of the thread. White case batteries anyone? Any parts house got a brand we don't normally see that is white? etc.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 6:28am
Did not find a white battery case but did find this:
Likely hold up better then paint.
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 8:37am
It seems that all the chain store batteries today are all black cases. I recently purchased a couple of Mopar batteries from my local FCA dealer and they too are all black. More to the point though it seems that most of these over the counter batteries from the various outlets all appear to come from the same manufacturer(s)as the cases and mold lines seem pretty much identical. That white wrap idea with a topper may be the best solution to mimic the OEM Clear Power short of the look alike Antique Auto Battery replica. Just as an FYI, The AAB replica top looks almost the same as the battery topper. A fairly good likeness, but you can tell it's not the real deal.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

Ok back to the subject of the thread. White case batteries anyone? Any parts house got a brand we don't normally see that is white? etc.
  Kevin,  sorry i got off topic but you may want to look into Interstate batteries as they still do make a white 24 group battery but it will have a green top. One of our local parts stores have them in stock.  Lee
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
ccowx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 1:52pm
I painted my black case battery with a heavy band of pure white Tremclad around the top and then a light spray of white over the whole battery to give a more grey look where the faux fluid level was. I had to give a light sanding with fine sandpaper to give decent adhesion, but I am pretty happy with the look overall.

Chris 
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 2:42pm
Hope the painted on electrolyte level isn't too low !
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by ccowx ccowx wrote:

I painted my black case battery with a heavy band of pure white Tremclad around the top and then a light spray of white over the whole battery to give a more grey look where the faux fluid level was. I had to give a light sanding with fine sandpaper to give decent adhesion, but I am pretty happy with the look overall.

Chris 

How about a picture on the finished product. Thus is starting to sound like the kind of thing we have to do.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
ccowx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2018 at 6:05pm
But then I would get outed on my scruffy engine bay! Seriously, it needs a wipe with a damp cloth, but this should give you the idea.

Edited by ccowx - Jul/21/2018 at 6:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic