TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

East Coast AMC Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luuuucky View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Coast AMC Day
    Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 11:32am
Looking for some information if the event will take place this year.
Have heard maybe the 29th of September. 

Topic added by moderator team

Edited by gtoman_us - Sep/22/2018 at 9:43pm
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2018 at 5:28pm
East Coast AMC Day is scheduled for September 29, 2018

We are featuring a Match Race between A.H Adkins and Barry Allen.

We have a Purse of $500 for a minimum of 8 registered racers.

Racing open to AMC Powered and AMC Bodied cars.

Car Show and Vending are also on the schedule

Giving Away Gas Cards to 1 Racer, 5 Show Cars and 1 Vendor.

Flyer is on the Potomac Ramblers Facebook and on MASON Dixon Dragway's Site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Potomacramblers/ - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Potomacramblers/

http://www.masondixondragway.com/2018%20AMC.jpeg

It is in our current newsletter and being distributed to the other clubs.  We are sharing the track with the Pontiacs so it may be possible that there will be an AMC VS Pontiac Finale.  

Pleas add to your calendars and plan to attend.

Dave Moeller
President, Potomac Ramblers
luuuucky View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2018 at 11:00am
"Racing open to AMC Powered and AMC Bodied cars."

I am not a racer so it really does not directly affect me but
non AMC powered cars competing for award money at an AMC
event seems to defeat the purpose somewhat.

I know that this issue has been a point of contention at other
AMC events over the years and would like to hear what the merits of this is
other then the potential of one or two additional cars.   
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2018 at 6:48pm
I think of us as progressive regarding the motor combinations in our cars.  

I would love to replace my Battery, engine, trans, rear end and gas tank with a drop in electric solution from TESLA or GM or Ford or Chrysler.  If they could make a bolt in solution, I would definitely consider going electric for my daily driver.  They could even replace my brakes with a regen system.  I am sure my Gages, wiring and electrical would be replaced as well.  (I don't want all my cars built like this but one would be fun!LOL and probably fast if I could get it to hook up)

I like seeing and hearing 6 cylinder race cars, too.  Someday I want to see a turbocharged AMC 6 going deep into the brackets taking down everyone in the other lane.  NOS, superchargers, aluminum blocks, carbon fiber bodys, 6-71 and 8-71 blowers and even High Pressure Compressed AIR setups are fair game at the Track.  If one guy can go 7s some of the time and the other guy can go 12.30 all of the time, the king of the bracket will be Mr. Consistent.

As for Race Cars, this is bracket racing.  It is how good you and your car are on the nice sunny day at getting down the track in the time that you say you can complete a quarter mile is what counts.  

If we get enough participation, we will have more than one class but over the last few years, we haven't had that.  We offered a Trophy Class and had one entrant.  We have a couple members with GM powered AMC Race Cars who are track regulars and very consistent.  

We don't mind living a little out here on the East Coast.  On the track, when the hood is down, It looks like an AMC and runs like an AMC.  We have seen a Hemi, a LS and a few 350's over the years. 

One year, I hope to see a Corvette with an Aluminum AMC Motor flying down the track.  I hope the owner tells it is way faster than it ever was with a GM motor! 

This year, we are going to see A.H Adkins and Barry Allen Match Race.  Two Low 9 / High 8 second cars showing us how AMCs go fast.  I hope we inspire a few more people to go racing!
POS #1 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POS #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2018 at 10:15am
i will be happy to point out ***WHY*** i let AMC bodied or Powered AMC cars attend GAD.
I can't speak for the event at Mason Dixon tho...
1st off    i have met lots of AMCers that no longer have AMC engines in there cars... (lots still do tho).. and to me the bottom line is the friendships that have made over the years..
don't know about mason dixon,, but the track rental for GAD this years was 5000.00, divide that by the 75.00  race car fee, and you need   66.66666666666666  race cars to pay the rental fee,,, now you need to add the cost of awards, racer pay outs, food, drinks, ect. etc. etc.
 i am all for AMC power, but AMC has been gone now for 30 years..

So Luuuucky, do you help support ANY of the AMC race days?  they have show and swap meets at them as well, or you could just contact whoever is running the event and donate!!!
or come to one and spectate!
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2018 at 9:35pm
This thread would be a lot better with a title.  Maybe a moderator could restore that.

I will have to read up on how to post a pic with the flyer.

VR,
Dave Moeller
Potomac Rambler President.
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2018 at 7:38pm
Title should be Mason Dixon Drags or East Coast AMC Day

Dave Moeller
Norfolk, VA
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2018 at 6:22pm
Back to top.  

I will try to pop this back to the top until a moderator notices that the title is bad.  

Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2018 at 9:16pm
East Coast AMC Day Event Summary

BTTBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2018 at 7:58pm
Weather report is:
Partly Cloudy 72 for the High / 50 for the low. 10 percent chance of rain. 69% humidity.

Match Racers Confirmed! Check.

We will have a Raffle, Gas Cards and Hats for sale.

Volunteers get a Raffle Ticket.

We are looking forward to a good meet.

I hope you can make it.

Dave Moeller
Norfolk, VA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic