TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC suggested retail pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC suggested retail pricing
    Posted: Jun/19/2018 at 5:30pm
Sorry if this question has already come up before but I couldn’t find it in the forum. I’m presently looking for the factory pricing for either 1973 or 74 (or both). I would think that they had a printed price list for the various basic models in the line, including a price list for all of the accessories and accessory packages. I would like to have copies of those if possible. I recently purchased an original copy of the 1974 Dealer Sales Album ( which is incredibly interesting) but there were no price sheets with it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
73LevisX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73LevisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 11:31am
Hi Mac,

I have some '73 pricing information for Canada from a "Fast Facts" booklet that I acquired from a gentleman who worked at the Brampton, Ontario Plant. If that's of interest, I could snap some pics or scans for you.

You may also find some useful info by googling "AMC Window Stickers". You can see pricing for various stuff there... You may need to go by VIN to determine year if it's not noted on the sticker.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car!
Chuck.

http://theamcforum.com/forum/fast-facts_topic85058_post759911.html?KW=#759911

Edited by 73LevisX - Jun/20/2018 at 11:35am
'73 Hornet X
304/904
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 11:41am
AMC Pricing changed each model year and many times through the same model year.  They printed price books for the Sales folks pocket size....I have almost every year...if there is something you are looking for let me know and I'll tell you the MSRP and Dealer Cost.  These books were mostly tossed when new ones came out so mistakes in pricing orders at dealer were not made.

Ross
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
Mac VP View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 6:20pm
Thanks for the replies guys! Any and all data relating to the pricing for 1973 and 74 would be most appreciated. If you’re willing to scan your copies and email them to me, my email address is mac@vanpeltsales.com.

I wondered if pricing changed through the model year, and if it was different for various areas of the country. I’m trying to confirm the prices I paid back in 1974 for the new Hornet I bought back then (my sales order and window sticker are long gone). Plus I’m curious about the pricing on my current 73 Hornet.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 6:57pm
I think I have some pricing info that was tucked into the back of my 73 AMC Data Color Upholstery book along with the blank salesman's car order. I'll check tonight.  But I don't have any 74 data.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Mac VP View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 8:16pm
Joe, anything like that is helpful.

Chuck, I’ll post pics as soon as I hit the magic 30 post threshold.....still working my way up there 🙂
1969 BASE JAV View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969 BASE JAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2018 at 4:16pm
Here's a picture of one of the books.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2018 at 11:05pm
Mac, 
Check your email inbox, I have sent you some '74 information that might be useful....
My email is: dufflebag51@aol.com
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic