TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ford 4300 carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford 4300 carb
    Posted: May/21/2018 at 10:29pm
A friend gave me a new Autolight 4300 carb. Tag number is C8VY 9510-B. I've got a stock 70 390 that is missing the original carb. Currently has a Carter 6044S built in Dec 69. It will need a rebuild as it's been sitting for over 30 years.

Does anyone know the differences between the AMC 4300 and the Ford carb? I'd like to use the new one, if possible.

Bill Frazer
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2018 at 11:31am
IMO rebuild the Carter
Gremlin Dreams
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2018 at 3:47pm
Key word in question being "know", which I'd have to answer as no, I don't know the differences.
But would imagine it could be many things, Fuel Jet and Air Bleed sizes, even Venturi Sizes maybe.
C8VY 9510-B Part number indicates 1968 Lincoln service replacement Carburetor.
Wonder if that version has the 2 Inlet Needle Valves both closed by the same single Float Arm?
Have seen replacement 4300 Floats priced at around $150 +/-.
Opinion, understand, basically agree, a 4300 Crab would be real nice since the car came with one,
but if not the correct AutoLite 4300 for your 1970 AMC, I'd avoid the "trouble", keep it for parts though. 
Bill F View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2018 at 4:58pm
Appreciate the input. My comfort level is higher with the AFB. I usually don't have good luck with free stuff, in general.
Bill Frazer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic