TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I Hate Rust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amx007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 7:37pm
anti seize technology Franklin Pk I’ll they sell on amazon 
Rust treatment 
dream red white and blue
1968 Chicago auto show amx 290 4 speed
1969 driver Amx 290 auto
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2018 at 5:39pm
Cleaned up the underside of the quarter. Started fitting the quarter replacement panel. Should have that well underway this coming week.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/23/2018 at 3:38pm
Fitting the replacement panel and stitched the bottom of the quarter back on. Might be time for a scrap metal run!

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2018 at 5:15pm
Panel tacked in.

bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2018 at 10:13am
This car looked quite presentable in the pictures I saw before all this worked started. It goes to show what can happen when you dig below the surface and why restorations are expensive. You're lucky to have the ability to do all this work yourself because I see $20-30k in bills if paying a shop to do it. I wish I had your welding skills.

Keep up the good work.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2018 at 11:53am
I wish I had his knowledge of metal work related to auto body.

Plus, if all you have are stone knives and bearskins for tools, this work becomes mostly creative use of tools.

Excellent work by the way
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2018 at 5:19pm
This is real body work done right...This is the type of a job that would lay in a shop and would be worked on when they were slow to keep the price down...And the painted shell would exceed 30k for sure ...My friend just finished a 69 Camaro with a total bill of 215,000 big ones and the cust. was happy to pay it 
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2018 at 5:46pm
You guys give me far too much praise, I'm just a hobbyist hoping the effort results in a very nice car.

Should have the quarter burned in all the way tomorrow. Got sidetracked with another project today.

-Steve-
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2018 at 3:47pm
Got the panel in and smoothed out the welds. Ran out of welding wire while I was plug welding the wheel arch. Need to plug weld the trunk drop seam also.

White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2018 at 4:41pm
curious RebelMachine,

Which wire feed machine do you have, what wire are you using and what shield gas?

Thanks
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic