TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I Hate Rust

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2018 at 7:40pm
Decided to move back to the passenger side for a bit. Removed the front fender and door so I could size up the rocker better.

Fitting the one solid original AMC rocker I got from a parts car long ago.

Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2018 at 9:55pm
Looks real good. Wish mine looked that nice when I started cutting to look!

Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2018 at 4:41pm
Did a quick fix on more holes that had been cut in the radiator support.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2018 at 7:21pm
Moved back to the passenger side rocker. Bottom was a bit rotten so I stitched a piece to the underside.

Burned it in. I really wanted to keep an original AMC part there since it's got a slight curve to it and the reproductions I've seen don't. Now I gotta work something out on the driver's side.

rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/04/2018 at 4:21am
Nice metal work there, Rebel. Thumbs Up

I really gotta learn to weld.  The Rambler doesn't need it. Hopefully never will, but there are so many more projects you can take on when you can weld.

1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 7:03pm
Thanks!

Got the rocker welds ground down and made a patch for another rotted area. Should have that burned in tomorrow.

-Steve-

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 6:32pm
Burned in and painted.

Now I have to choose what to attack next, driver's side rocker or passenger door. Got a new old stock passenger side doorskin but the door took a good impact back in the '80s as evidenced by the bottom. Might use one of the spare doors I have.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 12:31pm
Cut the doorskin off the passenger side door. I don't know...... may cut one of my spare doors to see if it'll be easier to work with. Someone enlarged the original door frame cutout for door speakers before I got the car. You wouldn't see it with the doorpanels in place but I still want it restored.

-Steve-

rms827 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rms827 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 5:16pm
Definitely got a rust monster there unfortunately.

Kudos for having the patience and discipline to go thru and deal with all of it properly. Thumbs Up
1964 AMC Rambler Classic 660

"You can think I'm an idiot, just don't talk to me like I'm one." - Batman
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2018 at 9:14pm
Great work Steve. I’ve enjoyed following this thread so far and look forward to the finished product having seen your past work!
AMO Newsletter Editor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic