TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

6th OZ AMC/Rambler show 15th-17th March 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2019 at 7:41pm
The show as a whole is nearing 500 pre-entries and 20 of these are AMC's which is a great result still with just over 3 weeks to go both of which is near the record for this stage of proceedings. Wonder if the show will beat the 855 cars or whatever it was last year? I dont think we will reach 46 AMC's this year but I think easily into the high 30's all going well. 

You certainly dont get a chance to see this many AMC's in the one spot or get to mix with so many other AMC owners/enthusiasts anywhere else in Australia during the year. 

If you are able to encourage some of the AMC owners that havnt been before to come and experience what is a great weekend and not just any old car show that would be awesome. This show is a totally different experience over the course of the day or weekend to most other car shows. Some people even make a week of it tuesday to tuesday Smile

People can enter on the weekend no worries but for me it helps if I know approx how many AMC's so always good to see the pre-entries

We also might have not one, but 2, ex US military AM General's this year too although not officially booked as yet

See you all soon Tongue

Edited by 70Hornet - Feb/21/2019 at 7:45pm
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/25/2019 at 1:38am
Trusty AMX polished within an inch of its life, raring to go
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2019 at 4:27am
24 pre-entered AMC's so far and counting Smile That is really good and a good variety of cars by the looks of it. Look like we may end up with around the 40 mark but maybe more. 

very much looking forward to it

I will put up a basic itinerary etc on the weekend for everyone but as most know there is so much you can do around the area or you can choose just to relax and ego with the flow. Either way it is a special weekend for all AMC owners Smile
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2019 at 6:29am
Stolen from Facebook, get hold of Steven Fripp if you need more details:

For those that are interested in travelling in a convoy to the COTM from Sydney area, we will be meeting at Pheasants Nest twin Servos on the Hume Hwy, just south Picton Road intersection at 8.30AM on Friday. We will be leaving here at 9.00am. From here we should arrive in Aubury Wadonga around 2 to 3pm. One or two stops along the way will be planned before we leave Pheasants Nest. Please let us know if you would like to join in on the cruise.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2019 at 6:58pm
Thanks Western Red. Always good to travel in a convoy. looks great and also can help each other out if there is any issues along the way. I have advertised this on the Chrysler facebook site too so might be a fun cruise for the AMC and Chryslers that morning.

And anyone please feel free to add info to this forum too (like Western Red has) and vice versa copy and put onto your facebook or website etc. This forum is just an easy strating point to help spread the word and easy to find info again later

Looking good for 40 AMC's by the looks of it too which will be great Tongue

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2019 at 8:31am
The show has a new event where people can unveil their newly restored car over the weekend, or maybe a rare thought lost survivor etc and apparently rumour has it that there is a Hornet entered to be unveiled. Dont know who but will be good to see. Hope the rumour mill is correct Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 4:04pm

One more sleep until the start of proceedings Smile
Looking like around 40 AMC's set for Sunday!!! Tongue
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/13/2019 at 4:20pm
2019 6th Australian AMC/Rambler show itinerary and information

Below is a basic itinerary and information about what is one of the best AMC weekends in Australia. Many are probably already here as they make a week holiday of it with cars starting to rock up on the Tuesday arvo and many don’t leave until the Tuesday morning with plenty coming and going in between. Some owners really make a great holiday of it away with their cars, partners, mates and kids. You can choose to do all of the below or none of the below and just relax or cruise around and explore the local area at your leisure and then all congregate at the show on the Sunday Tongue 

Friday 15th March

9am Scrutineering at driving event at Logic Centre racetrack Barnawartha about 10 minutes south of Wodonga.

10am Lap Sprints begin

1pm Go to Whoa

6pm-8pm-ish Early check-in at the show venue at Gateway Lakes (food and drinks available) This is a show within itself with about 300 cars coming and going and a great time to have a first catch up and meet and greet

7pm NEW "The Great Reveal" Newly restored Chrysler's, and rumour of a Hornet, are unveiled for the first time after restorations or in hibernation for many years

There is plenty of street cruising after this but the main cruising night is the saturday night

Saturday 16th March

8am gates open for our AMC's

9am Judging begins and goes until 1pm

1pm Check in on the Saturday closes but ask for me if you rock up later

2pm Lots of cars leave for a cruise to the old Ettamogah pub for lunch

Once the street lights come on there is plenty of family orientated cruising from dusk til late. Wodonga Place is a street is lined with spectators (very family freindly atmosphere) and the streets full of cars of all persuasions so lets show them what we have got AMC in American Graffiti style under lights. No drag racing. Only because we already know we would win Tongue

Sunday 17th March

7.30am Gates open to bring your cars in 

11am Check in closes but please get the gate keepers to contact me if you are later then this. Remember while pre-entry isn’t mandatory it just helps me A LOT from this end. You can just rock up and enter your car on the spur of the moment anytime within the given times over the weekend

2pm Trophy presentation which includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd Best AMC overall this year

5pm gates locked and show over for another year Cry

Lots of people hang around until at least the Monday. Which is a great idea to just sit and relax 

Steve Fripp is down again with his huge collection of AMC parts for sale. Many are NOS. He can be contacted on 0477090874 if you need him to bring something down but you better hurry coz he leaves for Abury/Wodonga in the morning

And for those thinking of bringing kids

FREE entry for under 16

FREE kids rides

FREE face painting

BOTH DAYS, ALL DAY, FREE

Which is great for keeping the kids amused if you bring them

#Near 600 cars are already pre-entered all up for the show with an estimated 800 cars going to be in attendance!!! Cementing itself easily as the largest Chrysler show outside of North America

#All going well *I should have a bumper sticker for everyone but this is touch and go at the moment

#We have 25 AMC’s pre-entered so should end up with about 40 cars. On top of these there are a few others that really arnt sure due to distance, even from Melbourne. I reckon nothing better then cruising up the highway in an old car, radio blaring and all windows open. Plus these cars were made for travel and touring and not just shopping trips. Have a weekend away and enjoy your car, enjoy being with other AMC owners and above all you will enjoy yourself and your relaxing and/or adventure away. Its not just a “park your car in a paddock” car show. The whole weekend, and experience, is a whole lot more then that J

If you have any old AMC newsletters or magazines you no longer want or read etc bring them up to leave on the tables for people to read and even take with them to enjoy. There are many new to AMC owners coming and they would love some of these to read and’or take home

There is a Chrysler Show facebook site- 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

Any questions please ask here and please spread any of the above info far and wide and/or direct them to this forum to read updates as they come to hand over the next week and a half

Cant Wait!!!

See you soon,jase Tongue 

Just some I know are coming

American

Ambassodorre x2

AMX x 2

Javelin x 4

Classic x 5

Hornet x 3

Matador x 2

Rebel x 2

Marlin x 1

AM General x 2

Gremlin x 1

plus at least a dozen more have indicated they will be there on at least sunday Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/13/2019 at 4:25pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2019 at 4:38pm
Looking forward to the photos, have a great weekend everybody who is going.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2019 at 5:35pm
Friday night unveil:

Edited by WesternRed - Mar/16/2019 at 5:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic