TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 58>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 10:24am
So jealous of your progress. Looking good, can't wait to see it at the different shows. 
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2019 at 7:54pm
I wish we were all able to see this car on June 1st!
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2019 at 12:01am
Super job!  Looks great. Thumbs Up
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2019 at 5:14am
Progress has dropped to a snails pace, or so it seems. 

I have gotten the front end completed. Wheel bearings packed, everything greased and torqued. 
I had to do some fitting on the upper A frame cross support bolts. Thomas had the bolt heads to the outside so to remove the shim washers you had to remove the complete A frame. Got in there with my grinder and worked that area so the bolt heads are now inside the engine compartment.Something Thomas should have done, but it is what it is. Issue solved.  
Working on the brakes. Master cylinder in, installed a brake light pressure switch. Missing some fittings for the proportioning valve.

Got the rebuilt wiper motor installed.

We went to the NSRA Show in Springfield, MO. Had a great time. We are getting a AMC thing going there. About 5 of us now. Added a Rebel to the group. Anyway, got my wiring harness from Haywire. It should plug right into the Concord (GM) steering column and I should be good to go. 

Moved The 69 into the shop and on the lift. Got a few more things to do in the engine compartment before the motor can go in. Steering column being a big item. I plan on fabricating a bracket for my Dakota Digital transmission gear indicator. I want to mount it to the firewall rather than on the trans itself. 

Seems now that the stuff I need takes all day to run down. You just can't go to one parts store when you are looking for weird small stuff. Hooking up the AC hoses from the firewall to the unit is going to be a big issue. 

My Americans all snug in there beds...........

Looking forward to the East Texas AMC Cruise In this weekend in Lufkin, TX. See ya'll there.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2019 at 7:50am
following this thread cant wait to see the finish goods its getting there. Ollie hope the wife likes her new car or is she getting the convertible lol  
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2019 at 7:55am
More engine compartment work.........

Steering column in. I made a rubber gasket for the firewall mount plate.

Got my brakes completed. The lines threw me for a loop for a bit until I figured it out. Both the front and rear lines were 3/16". The rear lines had bigger fittings. There was some type of factory proportioning valve on the firewall, mounted in the same location as my new proportioning valve. With the different size fittings you couldn't mix up the lines???? My guess anyway. I went to the Concord parts car and removed a couple flare fittings, the size I needed, and put them on my lines. Problem solved.

Mounting the Dakota Digital transmission gear sending unit was a snap. It is supposed to be mounted on the transmission but i wanted it out of the dirt and weather. They didn't have a bracket designed for a 904. I didn't even have to fabricate a bracket. Just mounted straight to the firewall. This is the unit that will send the signal as to what gear your are in (i.e. park, reverse, drive, etc.) to the Dakota Digital dash. 

That's it for this week. Now its time to go have some AMC Fun. We are leaving today for Lufkin, Texas to attend the East Texas AMC Cruise In at Reagan's house. Sure we will have a great time as only AMC brothers and sisters will be there. I know we will be eating good as Misty is a great cook and does a fantastic job. 

Hopefully the engine will be in next week.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie 

farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/02/2019 at 11:21am
Nice work! I'm ready for a show, but nothing very close to me. Will have to make do with an all-makes show or the local cruise-in for the time being...
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2019 at 8:32pm
It had to happen !!!!!!!! Today was the day........Ouch

Me and Pete attempted to put in the motor and it was a no go. The oil pan does not clear the cross member. I called Thomas in a panic. He came right over..........

When he measured for the set up he had beveled the cross member opening for clearance. When the cross member arrived at his shop it was not beveled and he called Brent @ Fatman and told him that. Brent said he increased the height and it would be ok.......

This is what we got.......

You can see the paint on the cross member.......This is what we have to do........

Thomas is going to pick up The 69 tomorrow evening and bring it home Wednesday. Me and Pete will try it again.

My motor was looking sharp as a tack on the engine stand.....now.......Cry

We'll regroup, recover and press on.......

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2019 at 10:55am
Always something!!
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2019 at 1:40pm
Cross member is beveled..........ready to try again

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 58>
  Share Topic