TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2019 at 11:45pm
nothing like old school prime sand repeat it make for a smooth body make sure you leave time to shrink
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 2:03pm
Still working on the doors but the weather is not cooperating with me. Rain and then more rain. I have a de-humidifier but its not the same as drier weather. 

Doors and hinges in final primer but it looks like Monday before the paint goes on. 

Worked on the defroster vents. I cut off the center section that attaches to the original heater box.

Then I glued on the adapter to attach the hose from the Vintage Air unit. 

My re-chromed bumper arrived.

I am tickled pink.......beautiful !!

Hope to paint the doors Monday and start hanging them Tuesday.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 4:00pm
Question for you Ollie...??
What humidity do you like to paint at..?
Looking great as always...!!
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 4:35pm
thats ok Ollie it give the primer time to shrink and that mean less sand scratches will come thru later on those bumpers look real nice
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2019 at 6:55pm
I like to see the humidity at least below 40%. My de-humidifier keeps it at 65%. I would say you will not have a issue in Idaho. My rule of thumb is to paint early in the morning, no bugs and humidity is down.

I like a single stage paint. Its more period correct and easier to use. Nason Ful-Cryl. Easy to sand and buff. Easy to redo if not to your liking. In less than 1 hr you are done collecting dirt.

Yes, mixed up, letting the primer cure longer is a good thing too. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2019 at 7:23am
I second that on the nason pant I use it all the time its a DuPont produce and it will hold up very well thru age
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
weramble View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weramble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2019 at 11:38am
I ordered a #4 posidriv socket bit and it fits the door screws perfect. if anybody is interested i ordered it online from Zoro.com for under 5 bucks. Under $10 delivered and made it to the house in 2 days.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2019 at 8:29am
Originally posted by weramble weramble wrote:

I ordered a #4 posidriv socket bit and it fits the door screws perfect. if anybody is interested i ordered it online from Zoro.com for under 5 bucks. Under $10 delivered and made it to the house in 2 days.

Thanks for the info. I use Zoro alot and will include some in my next order. 

Humming along on my dash. Got it all trimmed and fitted now. My plan is going to work. The edging material is perfect. 

I need new drill bits before I drill the mounting holes. I found aluminum bolts on E Bay. My plan is to weld them to the dash plate, smooth out the front side and cover with a matrix design vinyl. 

About time to bite the bullet and order the Dakota Digital Gauge Cluster. Today is the last day of a sale at Summit. 

Still on track for painting the doors Monday. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie 

Edited by Ollie - Feb/24/2019 at 8:31am
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2019 at 6:35pm
Got the doors painted ......
Hung the passenger door today. Lined up pretty good. The only issue is it does not seem to be closing tight. The latch adjustment is all the way in. Teresa read in the door rubber directions that it would take a couple of days for it to "de-gas" It is a Metro Softseal.

You can see the gap at the back of the door. I am in no hurry. If i do have to move the striker plate in I can. 

Had a paint flub but not to concerned. I am painting the car in sections away and if i cannot sand and buff it out i can repaint that area. 

Got the car turned around on the lift so I can work on the other door. Got VA appointments tomorrow and Thursday so that will slow me down.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2019 at 8:13pm
Drivers door hung.....

Need to move "The 69"  back to the paint room and get the roof painted. After that the windows need to go back in. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 58>
  Share Topic