TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Finally, American Racing Headers for your AMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 1:12pm
That's a very nice fit, very good for a long tube header.
myrambler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 1:58pm
Im in if you can come up with a set that fit the 66-69 American that clear the strut rod on passenger side, tight fitting for ground clearance and in a 1-5/8 diameter for the 290 and 343 square port engines.
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 3:13pm
AMC owners,

We would like to share our fist customer video with you, showing a walk around of an AMX 4 speed car with our brand new headers installed. 

As you can see, ground clearance is not an issue with the design of our system. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the system that are not previously addressed. 

Thank you,
ARH

American Racing Headers
100% Made In USA Since 2005
addic View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 4:19pm
ok ,I need two sets please.  
73 401 Pierre Cardin X P1
73 401 Pierre Cardin X F3     70 X 390 4spd
69 X 401 6 spd
69 AMX 401 auto BSO
73 AMX 401 4speed pc
73 vette 427sb 5spd
73 vette convt.?
08 zx14
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 7:16pm
They fit really nice!!!!!!
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
cw05 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cw05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 8:15pm
Maybe a stupid question but how does the heat transfer with stainless headers compare to ceramic coated steel headers? I assume that the stainless ones would be as hot (ie, not as cool as ceramic advertised) as a regular painted mild steel header but not sure.  Thanks and I look forward to hopefully seeing these made for CJ Jeeps.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2018 at 9:33pm
Guys,

The reason we manufacture all our products using 304 S/S is to avoid the need for coating. On the rare occasion that we coat it's usually because the application is boosted and spends a lot of time on a road course during the hot summer months. All other instances are when the customer simply insists on it and that's not very often.

If you must have it just let us know where to ship them to and we'll make it happen. It truly is not necessary or it would already be included in the package. Hope that helps.

Nick
American Racing Headers
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 7:18am
 A.R.

Those look like a they are very well thought out and crafted. Your willingness to work with the AM community is refreshing and appreciated !   Beautiful !!!

Rich C.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 7:41am
I don't see why peeps are negative about the hang on the headers. They are perfect, and can't see a better product being offered.

Can't wait to order a kit if my designs pull through, or just by completed headers if not... It so happens not to be the right time for me to spend money on it.

The only issue I see is, they need O2 bungs for a nice bolt in for our guys with EFI. Maybe you can quickly make the small change up before the orders are all done. One thing that I would look for, even if a carb setup is used. Simple upgradablity for future plans.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by 304-dude 304-dude wrote:

I don't see why peeps are negative about the hang on the headers. They are perfect, and can't see a better product being offered.

Can't wait to order a kit if my designs pull through, or just by completed headers if not... It so happens not to be the right time for me to spend money on it.

The only issue I see is, they need O2 bungs for a nice bolt in for our guys with EFI. Maybe you can quickly make the small change up before the orders are all done. One thing that I would look for, even if a carb setup is used. Simple upgradablity for future plans.

Guys, O2 bungs come standard on every set. Maybe you can't see it in every picture but they are there. In fact there's one on each side on the collectors so you can read each bank independently if you like. It's another base covered guys.

Nick
American Racing Headers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic