TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Finally, American Racing Headers for your AMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 5:48am
Small body cars should be over half of the market.
Gremlin Dreams
A.R. Headers View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 6:53am
Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

Thank you for following through with this!

I just need to figure out if the ballpark price for 1.75" tube/4spd Javelin headers is the ballpark I'm in LOL

Guys, I'll gladly quote you all via email, nick@americanracinheaders.com Please feel free to reach me there.

It's important that everyone understands what we're offering here is so far removed from what you're used to in terms of material quality and design. These headers are extremely labor intensive mainly due to the dog leg style port and what it takes to shape the port and create a smooth transition while using a 3/8" thick flange. As racers ourselves we understand exactly how not to hurt performance by screwing up the inlet of our headers. The AMC port design requires much more attention, (an understatement to say the least).

The second factor are the flanges. They require an additional process of machining angles across the tie bar to allow for easy spark plug socket clearance. Again due to the 3/8" thick flange but it's worth it guys. Going 3/8" eliminates the possibility of warping.

Third, the 304 S/S material used will never rust or corrode. There's no need for ceramic coating. All ARH material is 100% USA made.

Fourth, our systems come with a lifetime guarantee to the original buyer. They are built to buy, install and enjoy indefinitely.

Guys these factors drive the cost but if you do a little research about ARH, you'll see we have an excellent reputation built upon our relentless pursuit to always raise the bar and go places and do things others won't. Since their inception, ARH is the exclusive supplier of headers for all Mopar'sV8/V10 Drag Pack's, GM's COPO's and Ford's Cobra Jet cars. All built to compete with each other. I recommend looking into these cars if you aren't already familiar.

Lastly I'd like to say why we decided to offer an AMC line in the first place. I've personally been a huge Oldsmobile fan and racer for well over 30 years. I know exactly what it's like to not have options for headers or that the options available weren't worth the material they were made from. I remedied that for Olds enthusiasts long ago and for quite a while I've wanted to take care of the AMC crowd. We're half way there with large body headers. In time, I assure you, we will get the small body cars done. I'm looking forward to that.

Nick
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

Boris, without question we will get the small body cars done. We just need to see how things work out with these large body headers. The response has been great so far with many interested. Once these headers are off and running we will actively search for a small body car locally (we're in NY on Long Island) to bring in for the prototype. Stay tuned.

Nick
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.R. Headers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 7:04am
Originally posted by dbomb dbomb wrote:

Will these be ground draggers like most other brands or will they tuck up a bit higher and nicer. That was my concern with all the other long tubes I've seen my car is a street car driver gotta go up driveways and occasional speed bumps. Not just up a trailer ramp. Sounds great let us know more and pricing.

Dbomb, bottoming out our headers will require destroying the entire undercarriage of your car. Think Dukes of Hazzard 20ft cliff jump. It's not going to happen. We've got you covered.

Nick
tomslik View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomslik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 7:04am
Originally posted by A.R. Headers A.R. Headers wrote:

Originally posted by Boris Badanov Boris Badanov wrote:

Boris, without question we will get the small body cars done. We just need to see how things work out with these large body headers. The response has been great so far with many interested. Once these headers are off and running we will actively search for a small body car locally (we're in NY on Long Island) to bring in for the prototype. Stay tuned.

Nick

too bad you're not closer....

67 american 290/4speed
steinercj5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steinercj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 8:27am
Great to hear that a new quality product is being offered for AMC. I hope the big car headers sell good. I have a small car (American) and agree that there might be just as many sales (if not more) for small bodies. Thanks   -Greg
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 8:36am
Originally posted by gremlinsteve gremlinsteve wrote:

I'm serious. We have just as many gremlin/ hornets around as we have javelins

x2

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 8:48am
I also love seeing a new product out there for our AMC cars, but I do have a couple of questions.

I wonder why we can't have a header that works for both big and small cars as it would seem that a well designed header for the small cars would also fit into the larger engine bay. Maybe a little bit of additional design work, but you double your sales potential without having to carry two product lines.

Also, I know it's a tiny blip on the sales radar, but I can already see that these wont fit our Aussie right hand drive cars.
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 8:59am
Sounds great Nick. Got any pics? I'm here in Nj and with ETown Raceway out of the question this car will be on the street more than anything   Raceway closing off Drag Racing really suxx
rebuiling 73 amx need parts
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 9:02am
I would definitely be interested in a set for small body.  May I suggest that you design a set that will clear the Control Freak front suspension on the small body.  There are currently no small body  headers on the market that will clear the Control Freak K member.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic