TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

V8 PCV Grommet (Edelbrock)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2018 at 5:50pm
Thank You Dennis and yes Edelbrock is a very good amc supplier and still producing NEW quality parts for us.
 Appreciate all your work on our behalf.
      Goops

ClassicCustom400 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicCustom400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2018 at 9:34am
If Edelbrock wants to support the AMC hobby, then sell to the Major AMC suppliers your products for less than Summit Racing sells them.  Why would we pay over $25 more than Summit Racing sells them for, and pay shipping on top of it when Sumit Racing offers free shipping.

Support?  Where are R4B intakes then?  Most popular intake, and it hasn't been made for a long time.
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by ClassicCustom400 ClassicCustom400 wrote:

If Edelbrock wants to support the AMC hobby, then sell to the Major AMC suppliers your products for less than Summit Racing sells them.  Why would we pay over $25 more than Summit Racing sells them for, and pay shipping on top of it when Sumit Racing offers free shipping.

Support?  Where are R4B intakes then?  Most popular intake, and it hasn't been made for a long time.

Actually Ben, Edelbrock supports Mopar, Chevy, Ford and AMC hobbies and have for many years by listening to people, and designing and manufacturing high quality performance products for all of them.

Summit Racing spends between 2 and 3 million $$$ per month with Edelbrock so it's not real hard to figure out why they get the deep deal on pricing and can sell parts for less than any of their competition.

As for the R4B, "most popular"?? I think we have as many people asking us to bring back the UR18 Tunnel Ram as the R4B. (There are always used R4B’s around!) Besides that the tooling for the R4B was old, worn out and outdated so it was scrapped long ago. You might not understand, but tooling cost is a major investment and there needs to be enough sales potential for a company to make those investments. Not to mention the engineering time involved just to bring back an old intake design to production when new tooling is needed. It would also de-value the used R4B's out there and make them harder for people to sell.

Just wondering, does Galvin's ever offer any quantity discounts or free shipping for spending over a certain amount with your company?       

Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

I know in the past this has been kind of a hard part for some people to locate.

No problem anymore!
Edelbrock will soon have inventory of PCV grommets for your Gen 2 AMC V8. The part number for this grommet is #4299. I have personally test fit the grommet on several OE intakes I have, and of course on Edelbrock intakes. I will try and get a picture posted here tomorrow.

Thanks
Dennis     

Dennis, Yesterday I received a 7530 Air Gap intake from Summit. It came with no PCV grommet. This begs the question, when will grommet #4299 be available?
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
70amxvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amxvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/15/2018 at 9:47pm
If anyone thinks Edelbrock does not support AMC well.... what is the saying dumb as a door knob.

Thanks for the EXTRA support Dennis.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 12:33am
^^^Ray, you are absolutely right. We should all be grateful about the Edelbrock products available for our AMCs. My AMX 390 engine is starting to look like an advertisement for Edelbrock: Camshaft, lifters, Air Gap intake manifold, Carburator, classic finned valve covers, chrome 14" air cleaner.  It just happened that way. Wish I had installed Edelbrock cylinder heads, water pump, F.I. , etc. Although the engine is still on the stand......Big smile  LOLSmileTongueBig smile
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 4:59pm
FYI

These PCV grommets (#4299) are now in stock!
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 5:42pm
Dennis, I checked Summit Racing and Jeg's and they do not list it. They sell other grommets but not #4299. Who stocks it?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by AMXFSTBK390 AMXFSTBK390 wrote:

Dennis, I checked Summit Racing and Jeg's and they do not list it. They sell other grommets but not #4299. Who stocks it?

It takes Summit, Jegs, NAPA, Pep Boys, etc. time to get new things into their system.

Summit sells anything that Edelbrock makes/carries, so if you give them the part number #4299 they will have it dropped shipped from our warehouse directly to you.

Dennis   
Former Owner of:

Still Owner:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic