TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL! - Event Date: Jun/09/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: EAST TX AMC CRUISE-IN, JUNE 9, 2018, 7TH ANNUAL!
    Posted: Jul/09/2018 at 10:26am
Hello over in Myrtle Beach!  We've already held the event, had 31 vehicles (we unfortunately had several folks that had to cancel just before the event due to various health or scheduling reasons, etc, that we hope to see next year; otherwise we would have had nearer 40) and a large number of attendees that weren't able to bring their vehicles, but some of which did bring parts for swap/sale.   We had a great turn out and made the front page of the local paper and a nice full article a little further in.  I've been swamped trying to get caught up at work and elsewhere, so have been a little remiss in getting the event pics and links to pictures posted here.  Here is a Facebook link posted by Ted Davis that I haven't been able to visit yet (I don't have Facebook):

We'll have more up here and on the AMC of Houston club site soon as well.
Thanks for replying to our posting,
Reagan
Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
1fine69 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fine69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2018 at 9:57am
How many do you expect ?
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 3:13pm
Going to attempt to post up a couple of event pics real quick.  Still gathering pics from folks that attended that took some with better resolution than mine, but no one else was on the blazing hot roof but me, so I'm the only one with shots from this perspective Wink
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 2:43pm
Well folks, I believe we had another great year for the ETCI and even picked up some more great Lufkin Daily News coverage again this year. I want to thank everyone that attended, with or without a vehicle, it was a great turn out. Our trophy winners for the day were:
People's Choice: Steven and Paula Ward = 1969 SC/Rambler (2nd year in a row)
Participant's Choice: Onnie Weaver = 1973 AMX
Host's Choice: Dale and Lynda sl*gle = 1947 Jeep CJ-2A
Long Distance Award = Ollie and Teresa Patterson = 1966 American 440 convertible from Brandon, MS
We'd also like to recognize Mike Walker (and I'm sorry I do not have your wife's name) who trailered their 1973 Matador coupe all the way from Columbia, MS.

I'd like to of course thank my wife Misty, without whom we wouldn't be able to host this event. She spent many hours preparing our food and helping set up and tear down for the event. Speaking of food, Marsha Eppley's deviled eggs and brownies were once again a huge hit (wish I could get just one of those deviled eggs before they're all gone... ; ). My father-in-law, Dean Pena, who not only helped out before and during the event, but road up to south Dallas with me the Wednesday before and helped push that lovely '68 AMX up onto a trailer and more importantly, get it safely off said trailer. My sister-in-law Karrah who helped with multiple things all day, Tim Gould who pitched right in as usual helping wherever he knew there was a need, Ted Davis for acquiring our event trophies and Tom Taylor for acquiring most of our door prizes and making many call outs before the event to encourage folks to attend. Art Newsmith for door prizes as well. George Graham, though unable to attend, sent the nice towel set door prizes I noticed some of our lady attendees appreciated. Our youngest, Derik, and his girlfriend Paxton also pitched in to man tables and help out. And of course Jackson and young Mr. Aggen for their assistance in our door prize drawing. A big thanks to Angelica Brothers with Hagerty for helping so many of our attendees with their classic coverage questions. I know I am inevitability missing someone, sorry for the omission.
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2018 at 10:21am

As are we Ollie!  We've had a bunch of response over the last few days and have some interesting additions to this years' event that should make it very memorable including JC Worley returning with his one owner '71 401 AMX, but also bringing a 10' vertical AMC dealership sign for folks to be able to take a picture of their car with, Anna Skinner bringing her extremely low mileage lemon yellow Gremlin and her talents to do caricatures of attendees with their cars, Gary Quay will be bringing AMC/Jeep parts along with owners and service manuals and Angelica Brothers with Hagerty Insurance will return this year to help answer the many questions associated with insuring our classics. 

The weather is looking good and we are looking forward to seeing some new faces along with all our old friends this coming Saturday.

Reagan  
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2018 at 8:58pm
Changed the oil in The Rambler !!!!!!!

Getting ALL PUMPED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2018 at 9:03am
The hotel listed on our event flyers for the ETCI has experienced a fire that will have them out of commission for at least a couple of months, so if you had already made reservations with the Comfort Inn Suites at 4402 S 1st St, Lufkin, TX 75901and have not been contacted by them to change your hotel you need to do so now.  I spoke with two of the other hotels at this location (there are four together in that one spot) the Hampton Inn and Suites (936) 699-2500 and the Holiday Inn Express and Suites (936) 699-3000.  Both have vacancies for June 8th, but only a few, but both had many vacancies for June 9th.  The hope is that some of the empty parking at the closed Comfort Inn (which is in between these other two) will help provide some trailer parking if someone is wanting to stay at that location.  There is another hotel at this location, the Quality Inn & Suites,(936) 639-3333, it's not as nice as the others, but is a little less expensive.  With the temporary closure of the one hotel it is causing the others in town to book up fast, as we have a lot of oil and gas field workers currently staying in Lufkin.  

I also went by the Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn and Suites,  3211 S 1st St, Lufkin, TX 75901,  (936) 634-3481 , and they seem to have one of the better options for trailer rig parking and the property is located with three restaurants directly in front of it to walk to: Cotton Patch Cafe, McDonald's and (a little pricey) Ralph & Kacoo's.  They also said they had few vacancies for June 8th, but several for June 9th.

I also went by the La Quinta Inn Lufkin,  2119 S 1st St, Lufkin, TX 75901, (936) 634-3351 (note that this property is on the 59N frontage, so you must take the Whitehouse exit to reach it) which also has a restaurant next to it, Casa Ole, that is near our south loop to check their parking situation.  I do not recommend this location if you are needing to trailer here.  On the flip side they did offer a discount group rate for our event of $79 for the 8th or the 9th, but like all the others they said they have far fewer vacancies for the 8th than the 9th and that you'd need to call now in order to reserve something.  They also employee all night security with an off duty police officer patrolling the property.  If you are driving in, this may be an option for you.  

If you notice, all the properties are listed as S 1st Street, this is Highway 59 on the south side of Lufkin.  There are some other hotel/motel options here, but these were the ones I was able to investigate personally yesterday.  There is a nice, new Courtyard by Marriott Lufkin,  2130 S 1st St, Lufkin, TX 75901,  (936) 632-0777,  I believe it will be a bit higher than any other property here though.

Another option might be to arrive early (i.e. June 8th) and we can park your trailer at our event.  Those of you that have attended are familiar with the layout, we have areas along Sherwood on the south side of the property to park trailers and offload your vehicles and areas on the north side to comfortably park 4 rigs (maybe 5?) and we should once again have parking available a block down Southwood at Adam's Crawfish (who expanded his paved area since last year).  All in all, we should have everything covered as always.  

That's it for the moment, hope his information helps and remember to let me know if you are attending as this helps us prepare for the day.
Reagan
936-225-0569
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
DHACKING View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHACKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 2:42pm
MELANIE AND I WILL BE THERE MAYBE NOT THE CAR DOING REPAIRS
RAYMON H
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 2:36pm
Reagan.....
Count me and Teresa in the crowd. Got our hotel reservations.
Plan 3 meals for us, I will eat The Rambler's share !!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2018 at 11:31am
I am posting the event registration form below.  We need to get a head count on attendance as soon as possible so we can plan for and determine things like how much lunch my dear wife Misty will be preparing (those that have attended know to come hungry and you will be fed well Thumbs Up).  Please, print out, complete, scan and e-mail the form to me at ratliffr@icloud.com  If you are unable to do that please print it out and complete it and take a picture and text me the completed form to 936-225-0569.  If you are unable to do that contact me to let me know how many will be attending and bring your completed form on June 9th.  
I will be putting out some event t-shirt info soon as well.  
Remember, we have an area for parts sale and swap, so even if you can't bring your vehicle you could still help someone else out with that much needed part.  
We look forward to seeing everyone again this year and to seeing some new faces too.
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic