TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC featured car show. - Event Date: Jul/06/2018 - Jul/07/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMC featured car show.
    Posted: Jul/08/2018 at 9:42pm
Yet another fine AMC show comes to a close. What a great time.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
1fine69 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fine69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2018 at 7:51pm
Need to have a show in Myrtle Beach !
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2018 at 5:42am
Having my morning coffee and then it is time to load up the cars. Javlynn Sue decided she will be taking her 74 Javelin so we will be taking two cars. I am just a little nervous as this will be the first trip longer than a few miles for her Javelin and this will be the first long trip for my Hornet since we installed the Holley Sniper.

Talked to Jeff Kennedy yesterday. He said the other featured marque is VW so he dig up some old AMC ads that talk about how people pick AMC over VW and had them blown up to poster size. He is going to put them along the entrance road by the AMC cars. Then the VW people will have to drive past them when they enter the show area. Should be fun to see their faces.

See you all in Dublin. Safe trip to everyone.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2018 at 7:42am
Talked to Jeff Kennedy yesterday. He said he will be setting up the local club tent and some AMC signage in the AMC area on Friday. Be sure to look for him in the AMC area.

Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2018 at 5:19pm
Got my registration sent today.  Be there on Saturday. Looking forward to the show.

1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Rogue343 Rogue343 wrote:

Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Going to be a great time! Look forward to seeing the car Ron.

Tony, this mean you're sticking around after the nationals for this one?  I know Lee's got a wedding to go to that Saturday but I've been thinking about coming down on Saturday.

I wish I could, need to get back as I start work on the 6th Cry
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 8:39am
Map of the show area. Note that AMC is in section 24. That means everyone entering the show area will be driving past the AMC section. Good place to be featured.

pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by AMXTSY AMXTSY wrote:

Ken,   Thanks for clearing it up. It all makes sense now. Already registered. Hope to see you there.  Bruce
Unless something very unexpected happens I should be there both days. I have been attending this show on and off for many years now. It is one of my favorite shows.

Schmidt's should be one of the food vendors again this year. You have to try their Bahama Mama sausage plate with hot German potato salad and have a cream puff for dessert.

http://www.schmidthaus.com/

AMXTSY View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXTSY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 12:47pm

Hope the weather is good for all of the festivities.   Bruce[/QUOTE]Friday Cruise-In is "sponsors choice". Officials from the Arthritis Foundation will circulate and pick their 100 favorite cars of all the makes attending on Friday so clean and shiny are the order of the day.

Saturday is a judged show. AMC class is a "show within a show" and I believe the Ohio American Motors Classics chapter of AMO is in charge of the AMC portion of the show including judging.

If your staying at one of the hotels within walking distance you could park in the AMC area on Friday and leave your car there overnight so your in the right location for Saturday. Or you could park anywhere on Friday, move your car to hotel parking Friday night, and put your car in the AMC area on Saturday morning. It is all up to you. 
[/QUOTE]

Ken,   Thanks for clearing it up. It all makes sense now. Already registered. Hope to see you there.  Bruce
Bruce Carothers
Champaign County, Il.
AMO # 9928
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by AMXTSY AMXTSY wrote:

Can someone please explain the protocol for the Friday Cruise-In? Is this an actual judged event or is it based on participant/spectator voting etc.? Are there any guidelines or special criteria? Do the classes for Saturday remain the same on Friday? I was just wondering how things were organized...

The website doesn't really have a lot of specifics about the Friday show. But, with this being the AF's 36th annual event, I'm sure they have it down to a science by now. With over 1000+ cars expected for Friday alone, it sure sounds like a great time!

Hope the weather is good for all of the festivities.   Bruce
Friday Cruise-In is "sponsors choice". Officials from the Arthritis Foundation will circulate and pick their 100 favorite cars of all the makes attending on Friday so clean and shiny are the order of the day.

Saturday is a judged show. AMC class is a "show within a show" and I believe the Ohio American Motors Classics chapter of AMO is in charge of the AMC portion of the show including judging.

If your staying at one of the hotels within walking distance you could park in the AMC area on Friday and leave your car there overnight so your in the right location for Saturday. Or you could park anywhere on Friday, move your car to hotel parking Friday night, and put your car in the AMC area on Saturday morning. It is all up to you. 

Edited by pit crew - Jun/17/2018 at 12:27pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic