TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

RETURN TO DAYTONA III, 50th AMX Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RETURN TO DAYTONA III, 50th AMX Reunion
    Posted: Jan/11/2018 at 2:23pm
Maybe some of you remember, but in 1998 and in 2008, there was a huge AMC turnout for the anniversary of the introduction of the AMX which was introduced at Daytona in 68. First Coast AMC has procured the middle of the field for the Spring show in March and the Speedway is willing to promote the anniversary. All models AMC cars were there, but allot of AMX's especially for the events. I think the 1998 show had more AMX's in one place that any other show.

Any interest for a big turnout. AMO will be giving out trophies and First Coast is running it. Hope to have some unique AMC's there, maybe the turbo Spirit Pace car, etc. 
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2018 at 3:11pm
My wife and I are the newsletter editor for first coast. If you have any info please share. We are planning for a large turn out this year. We do have the pads again for the show. I will have our 69 American wagon there again this year. The
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2018 at 9:04pm
Did this in 2008 and had a great time. When is it this year?
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 8:08am
Someone did T shirts and baseball caps for that event. There was an 68 AMX on the shirt that had red and blue "Go Pack" style racing stripes with white stars on the wide blue stripes. Also a large "30" graphic. I'll see if I can post pictures later.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 4:54pm
What are the dates?
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2018 at 4:48am
March 23-25th. It's the Spring Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Speedway. First Coast AMC has the middle of the event.

Edited by amxess - Jan/16/2018 at 4:51am
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by amxess amxess wrote:

March 23-25th. It's the Spring Turkey Rod Run at Daytona Speedway. First Coast AMC has the middle of the event.
are you part of first coast??
amxess View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2018 at 10:01am
I'm not,too far south. Helped your old pres Cliff get show together in 2008. I'll become a member if I get engine back in for this show.
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 5:26am
Very cool for you to help. Since cliff left and our VP that always set up the show passed last year we are trying to get the stuff done with new people. We are getting there just not as quick as planned.
tlaferri View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlaferri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by george w george w wrote:

Someone did T shirts and baseball caps for that event. There was an 68 AMX on the shirt that had red and blue "Go Pack" style racing stripes with white stars on the wide blue stripes. Also a large "30" graphic. I'll see if I can post pictures later.

This is pic of the shirt from the 30 year event, I missed the 40 year one but want to get one for this years show if avail if anyone may know who/how to order
Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic