TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hot Rod Power Tour 2018 - Event Date: Jun/09/2018 - Jun/15/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2018 at 9:02pm
All kinds of cars from stock to racers. Did this a few years ago and had a blast. If anyone is coming north for the event our group will be leaving the Atlanta area heading to bowling green if you want to caravan.
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by fhpdave fhpdave wrote:

Bruce, if you come with your Ambassador, then I will definitely have to bring mine. What are the chances of two 67 stock Ambassadors  being there.

Dave,
m wife and I are very tempted. Thinking on it.

Bruce Clarkson
Bruce Clarkson
Zioamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zioamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 2:08pm
the wife and I are doing the long haul but not taking either amc's taking our new Dodge Daytona and its our vacation
      .....1969 Sc/Rambler....
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2018 at 3:16am
The registration is open for this now.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
dogbone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 11:28am
thinking about. Figured I'd be the only AMC wagon. Depends on my son's reserves schedule.

Are they doing drag events at each stop or other car events? Bowling green has a old time drag strip, some of the other's looked more like autocross possibly.
64 Cross Country Wagon 770, 79 VW Scirocco, 70 Porsche 914-6, 82 Subaru Brat, 1991 Autozam
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2018 at 3:40pm
I've done power tour a few time, it was pretty cool. A few times however it turns in to a huge traffic jam, not so much a 'Tour'.
The last time I visited a Power Tour stop the traffic was so horrific I abandoned the whole thing and will probably never participate again.

It's been a few years since then, do they plan better now and minimize the traffic?
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by dogbone dogbone wrote:

thinking about. Figured I'd be the only AMC wagon. Depends on my son's reserves schedule.

Are they doing drag events at each stop or other car events? Bowling green has a old time drag strip, some of the other's looked more like autocross possibly.

We will have our wagon there
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
fhpdave View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhpdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2018 at 9:27pm
Just registered the Ambassador! Planning on doing the whole route.
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/10/2018 at 3:05pm
Hotels booked, registered, doing the whole route in the amx.
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2018 at 12:23pm
i'm doing the whole thing. there's now two power tour threads.

it seems that in the last decade or so the "ford vs. chevy" thing is calming down. people seem to appreciate interesting and old and novel stuff much more than in the past. the usual stuff bores me to tears. no offense, but how many more aqua and white 57 chevies do i need to see?

i've heard diversity in cars has been increasing. let's go add to it!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic