TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Untouchable (The Lakeville Javelin)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Untouchable (The Lakeville Javelin)
    Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:22am
Finally getting around to sharing the story and pictures of my 1974 Javelin AMX. The car itself is very well know locally as the Untouchable Javelin because the car sat outside in Lakeville Ohio for 20+ years and the owner would not sell it. One day my girlfriend and i were out taking a ride on my motorcycle when a detour led me right to Lakeville and the car. I stopped and looked at the car as i had done several times before and just as i was leaving the owner pulled in. After an hour of talking to the guy he said he would be willing to sell it only to someone that would be willing to fix it rather than part it out. We agreed on a price and i was back the next day with cash and a trailer. This has been a very challenging 2 yrs so far, and there is a lot of work ahead but i am happy to share my progress and hope it inspires someone else to challenge themselves to save another one.
Woosterkevin View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:23am
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:28am
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:37am
Within a few days i had the 360 in her running but unfortunately when i pulled the motor to re gasket it, i realized that the motor was shot, it had deep pitting in the cylinders that had already been bored 30 over so i just started building a new motor.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:41am
Since the motor was shot started to remove the vinyl to to see what was left of the roof. I have to say it was the worst one i have ever seen.
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:42am
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 9:45am
AMoCoLite View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMoCoLite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 10:23am
Does that actually classify still as a roof?

Note to self...never buy a classic car w/a vinyl covered roof...yikes!

Best wishes and good luck on the restore!

AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosterkevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 10:27am
Thanks, it will not have a vinyl top when its done.
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 10:36am
Best of luck with that roof!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
  Share Topic