TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2019 at 2:31pm
Hmmmmm flow testing should have happened with the Proto Type. I.M.O. there might be an oversight of the intake fitting under the hood with a carb.
I did flow test the  1st Pro Flow 2 and it matches their heads flow perfectly.
If Edelbrock has any of the 1st Pro Flow intakes laying around I will buy everyone of them.

JTSLLC1
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2019 at 2:35pm
I have a motor waiting on the intake.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2019 at 4:48pm
Unless Dennis has been muzzled, in which you will all have to wait for an official release... Don’t you think he wouldn’t wait A Day to post news or new info about the intake? Seriously. 

SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2019 at 8:36pm
Update?
Did you mean GMC?
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2019 at 5:58am
I'm guessing nothing's changed since 13 hours ago...
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 9:26am
Any updates?
Did you mean GMC?
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 10:48am
Good grief - money burning a hole in your pocket?
 It's only been a week - it took months to get great valve covers done, a VERY expensive to R&D and prototype and produce manifold will take more than that.
There's also months of marketing research - can they recover the huge investment in R&D costs - will those drooling today actually pony up tomorrow? There's research by the bean counters and marketing experts that goes along with the whole picture. 
We have to consider they THEY are considering the dwindling numbers of AMC engines as they get worn out, blown apart racing, and so on. Even the Jeep people were unable to support a head for the 4.0 - those are no more because of dwindling returns, dwindling numbers of engines still running. 
Performance AMC engines aren't growing - they are disappearing as they get worn and trashed.
Edelbrock has to consider all of this. 
With some products they have to deal with emissions testing - can a part be certified?

I'm guessing at some of this - obviously - but having researched in depth the story behind the BMI 4.0 head I have - it's obvious - this sort of thing ain't easy, cheap or fast. 
When Dennis know more-  either way, he'll be the first one in here updating. 
This is an intake, not a stamped steel part or a decal. 
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 11:08am
I would be willing to bet that few of our cars are modified enough to be helped by this new intake compared to the Air Gap.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 11:29am
My observations over time tell me that I should avoid betting against you.......
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

My observations over time tell me that I should avoid betting against you.......
LOL! I would think that the people that actually race their higher rpm, modified cars will be happy. It looks like a Victor Jr. from the pictures that I've seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 85>
  Share Topic