TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2020 at 10:35am
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

FYI: Just noticed Jeg's has the lowest price on a bare intake than anyone else on the internet at $424.95. Summit Racing and most everyone else wants $462. Either Jeg's is offering a super deal or someone messed up when entering the price. Either way if you want one I would order it now before the price goes up to match everyone else's.

Tom

If you use their promo code  SAVEMORE

You'll get an additional $20 off on the intake. That brings it down to $404.95 and free shipping.

Sales tax sucks.....where I live it added $29.89 back to the total or 7.35%

Took the total back up to $434.84, still less than just the intake at the other places.

Ship date is March 6, 2020.

I did it.....

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Feb/07/2020 at 10:37am
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2020 at 11:22am
Originally posted by White70JavelinSST White70JavelinSST wrote:

Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

FYI: Just noticed Jeg's has the lowest price on a bare intake than anyone else on the internet at $424.95. Summit Racing and most everyone else wants $462. Either Jeg's is offering a super deal or someone messed up when entering the price. Either way if you want one I would order it now before the price goes up to match everyone else's.

Tom

If you use their promo code  SAVEMORE

You'll get an additional $20 off on the intake. That brings it down to $404.95 and free shipping.

If you read the fine print under, "Exclusions Apply"  you'll see that Edelbrock products are excluded from the discount, as are most other name brands. 

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2020 at 12:03pm
Actually Jeg's promo code states "select" products from Edelbrock.

I entered the code and their ordering system gave me the $20 off.

I printed the order form out and have it saved electronically in my email messages.

Time will tell how it works out.

There's a pretty good chance that Jeg's will catch it.

Regardless one way or the other,  even then,  the price is less that the other sources.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Feb/07/2020 at 12:06pm
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2020 at 12:09pm
Taken from Jeg's fine print from their Promotion Terms and Conditions pop up.

Select Products from Aero Wheels, All American Billet, Altec Products Inc., Be Cool Radiators, Billet Specialties, Blueprint Engines, Brodix, Cache, Caspers Electronics, Clear One Trailer Accessories, Competition Engineering, Dynatech, E3 Spark Plugs, Edelbrock, Flex-A-Lite, Fluidampr, Golden Star, Granatelli, JEGS, Jax Wax, McLeod, Metro Moulded Parts, Mobil 1, Motive Gear, Oberg Filters, PRW, Paxton, Precision, Scorpion Racing Products, Superwinch, Thermo Tec, Tilton, Tin Man Fabrication, Vibrant Performance, Vortech, World Products, Yukon Gear

You'd think that their ordering computer would kick it out right away if it didn't apply.

Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2020 at 2:03pm
I ordered one to check out. With my NHRA competition license and the savemore discount applied
$380.15
$.00
$.00
$29.46(tax)
$.00
$409.61
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Mtaylor Mtaylor wrote:

You will have to run the Edelbrock distributor. It has a hall effect sensor inside. I'll be tuning my MSD 6al and MSD coil but with the edelbrock dist. 

Just thinking...which is what USUALLY gets me in trouble.

Now...If I had a Gen 1 [or RV8, as AMCENTHUSIAST calls it]...

And I put a Pertronix Hall-effect conversion in my Delco points-style distributor...

And I bought a set of the adapter plates from REBEL327...

And I cut down the front and rear of the latest EFI manifold to fit the Gen1...

Hmmmmmmm........
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

Originally posted by Mtaylor Mtaylor wrote:

You will have to run the Edelbrock distributor. It has a hall effect sensor inside. I'll be tuning my MSD 6al and MSD coil but with the edelbrock dist. 

Just thinking...which is what USUALLY gets me in trouble.

Now...If I had a Gen 1 [or RV8, as AMCENTHUSIAST calls it]...

And I put a Pertronix Hall-effect conversion in my Delco points-style distributor...

And I bought a set of the adapter plates from REBEL327...

And I cut down the front and rear of the latest EFI manifold to fit the Gen1...

Hmmmmmmm........

No, it's not going to be that simple because it's sequential injection so the position of the engine is a lot more critical than a batch fire system. It also has to know what pair of cylinders are coming up to TDC.  I do wonder if there's a provision to use some sort of external crank sensor with this system though? There are crank sensor tone wheels that can do that. Ermm

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2020 at 10:17pm
I've seen the conversions [Megajolt] for the Ford-style EDIS systems.  

If I knew it could be made compatible to the Pro Flow 4 controller...
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 12:03pm
Interestingly enough, Edelbrock’s sugar daddy now owns F.a.s.t. and the rest of the Comp group. Wonder what’s gonna happen in the engine electronics department. And on. 
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2020 at 8:27am

My Pro Flo 4 EFI manifold arrived yesterday, purchased through Jeg's for less than Summit plus I got the $20 off too and free shipping.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Feb/14/2020 at 8:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 85>
  Share Topic