TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 85>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 5:46pm
Even though I have no plans to purchase one (out of my league) Dennis is the man on this. He's gone out of his way to keep the forum folk informed, despite the thankless task.

I can't think of anyone who would have handled this with close to as much candor and professionalism that he's shown.

Thanks be to Dennis !!!

Rich C.
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Originally posted by jtsllc1 jtsllc1 wrote:

I just have one question?
 Since the PRO FLO 2 has a basic 1500 /7000 RPM range and the Torker has a basic 3500/7500 RPM range what RPM range does the NEW larger PRO FLO 4 have 3500/8500? Could you post the average C.S.A. for each intake to assist in picking the right size intake using the Wallace Calculator.
I don't ever see any manufacturer disclosing any information pertaining to the CSA on any of their intake designs. However shortly after they become available I am sure several of the guys on this forum will have that information available. In fact I would bet John Rossello (jcisworthy) would probably be the first with that information.

Tom

I will measure it for sure. No matter what it is I am happy to see it

No doubt it will be a great intake option. 

Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
SONOFAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SONOFAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Originally posted by jtsllc1 jtsllc1 wrote:

I just have one question?
 Since the PRO FLO 2 has a basic 1500 /7000 RPM range and the Torker has a basic 3500/7500 RPM range what RPM range does the NEW larger PRO FLO 4 have 3500/8500? Could you post the average C.S.A. for each intake to assist in picking the right size intake using the Wallace Calculator.
I don't ever see any manufacturer disclosing any information pertaining to the CSA on any of their intake designs. However shortly after they become available I am sure several of the guys on this forum will have that information available. In fact I would bet John Rossello (jcisworthy) would probably be the first with that information.

Tom

Yes he will, my 401 has been sitting in his shop for almost a year now waiting for this. I want to thank Dennis as I was gonna go with my old Torker or buy an Air Gap but it looks like it's close!
Put my name on one will ya, I can't stands it amymore!
Did you mean GMC?
Wingnut377 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingnut377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 7:04pm
That's awesome, thanks for sharing Dennis! Big smile
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 7:50pm
Looking forward to it. Love to try it on my race car.
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 8:23pm
Are they a go for production or are the ones shown prototypes? I'm excited can't wait to get one! Thumbs Up
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 8:39pm
Just hope he hasn't violated any NDA - he's done AMC folks a huge favor, hope it's not at a cost to him personally.
The AMC world is watching.......
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Brad Brad wrote:

Are they a go for production or are the ones shown prototypes? I'm excited can't wait to get one! Thumbs Up
What your seeing are production intakes, but they still have to get all the CNC machining programs completed, so what's in that basket will probably end up scraped while tweaking the programs and remelted. Even at this stage it still takes a lot more effort before they can run full production.  My guess is your at least 3 months from getting one in your hands if you are lucky, but Christmas in 6-months away. Start making that list and tossing $30 a week away and you'll be ready when they release them.

Tom
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2019 at 9:15pm
Count me in. I want one. A nice feature would be slotted center mounting bolt holes for us 67-68 V8 390 guys. In the cards? 
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/14/2019 at 3:21pm
i have been waiting since 2016.....
I plan on picking one up to dyno test against the Pro Flo 2....
The winner will stay on the 2020 EMC engine build....
Its all about the numbers....
JTSLLC1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 85>
  Share Topic