TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New EFI Intake Manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 85>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New EFI Intake Manifold
    Posted: Dec/22/2022 at 6:05pm
Cranking or dynamic compression is quite dependent on intake valve closing angle as well as the static compression of the engine. Maximum cylinder pressure would be generated if the intake valve closed at bottom dead center, but usually it closes after that because it is more beneficial in allowing air to enter the combustion chamber.

Of course, it might just be the combination of parts in your engine giving high compression. You might be able to get a borescope down one of the spark plug holes to see what sort of pistons are installed.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
amico View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/22/2022 at 3:26pm
Any thoughts? A 401 .040 over, Static compression unknown but supposedly built with a hot street cam. 
Compression test results are 230 across the board .
. Engine runs with a QFT ss750 dp  on a Torker manifold.  It  runs extremely rich and I'm trying to tune but not much luck thus far. 
Regardless, What could possibly be the cause for such high compression test numbers? I do not have cam specs. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2022 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by THE MENACE THE MENACE wrote:

Here are the numbers from Dyno testing.

1972 AMC 417 CID, 9.75:1 compression, 1 ¾” dyno headers with 3” collectors.
Fuel: 91 octane Chevron pump gas.

So far the test engine has been run with the following combinations:

Combination #1
#60119 RPM Heads
#7531 RPM Air Gap Intake
#7132 RPM series cam
850 CFM Holley Carb.

*465 HP and 487 lb-ft.

Combination #2
#60119 RPM Heads
#7531 RPM Air Gap Intake
#7132 RPM cam
#1813 800 CFM Carb.

*450 HP and 512 lb-ft.

Combination #3
#60119 RPM Heads
Prototype Intake
#7132 RPM cam
#1813 800 CFM Carb.

*465 HP and 499 lb-ft.

Combination #4
#60119 RPM Heads
Prototype Intake
#7132 RPM cam
Pro-Flo 4 EFI setup

*465 HP and 487 lb-ft.

Wow, this was back in 2018, has anybody else done some back to back comparisons with other intakes, dyno or 1/4 mile?
Gench View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2022 at 11:21am
Kreep - nice to hear you have e85 running good on the pro flo 4. Curious on your compression and injector choice. Not expecting issues, beyond time, but didn’t find much on e85 so considering posting as a project. Enjoy
Kreep View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kreep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Gench Gench wrote:

My car currently has the Holley Super Sniper EFI and I’m migrating to the pro flo 4 with the new motor. I’ve read nothing but good about the pro flo 4 system. I’ve had no issue with my sniper, I simply want the sequential multiport for the benefits over TBI… think it will be impressive. The new motor is high compression for e85. The super sniper stealth isn’t e85 safe, the pro flo 4 is supposed to be compatible. Need some bigger injectors, excited to start assembling soon. Good luck

I don't have a lot of miles on mine yet but Pro Flo 4 has been super easy to set up and run flawless on E85. The trick was selecting the right combination of injectors, fuel pressure, and fuel map to start with. I suggest a new thread if you need help with any of that.
1982 Jeep CJ-7
http://theamcforum.com/forum/basically-stock-cj7_topic106501.html
https://irate4x4.com/threads/basically-stock-cj-7-update.383765/
Gench View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 7:43pm

My car currently has the Holley Super Sniper EFI and I’m migrating to the pro flo 4 with the new motor. I’ve read nothing but good about the pro flo 4 system. I’ve had no issue with my sniper, I simply want the sequential multiport for the benefits over TBI… think it will be impressive. The new motor is high compression for e85. The super sniper stealth isn’t e85 safe, the pro flo 4 is supposed to be compatible. Need some bigger injectors, excited to start assembling soon. Good luck
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 7:06pm
I wish you the best of luck.  Ive been waiting for my victorjr for 2 years
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 6:55pm
If you mean the Pro Flo 4 system, maybe start a new thread, the question might be a little lost in here. 
An1913t View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An1913t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2022 at 9:46am
Checking again to see if anyone has some feedback. 
An1913t View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An1913t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2022 at 8:58pm
Any feedback on the system?  I'm thinking about buying it but would like to hear from someone who's actually run it. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 85>
  Share Topic