TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - R4B edelbrock intake identif, what are they worth?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

R4B edelbrock intake identif, what are they worth?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:24pm
I have (3) R4B intakes that all have the AM4485729 part number on them.
One is a '69 and earlier straight out of AMTech. The other 2 are for the '70 and latter engines. I have seen the latter ones with a hand stamped "70" right below the R4B embossment.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:27pm
Note the '70' on mine, and gee, it was on a 1970 engine!  LOL
Oops, since I flipped the photo, I guess you have to crank your neck 180 to see the 70, otherwise, look at it and search for the OL on the intake........
JD View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:56pm
i don't see any oil on the intake looks clean to me
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 8:57pm
Man, I screwed up again?
Oh, I see - well, the intake said 70 before I flipped the photo, and now it says OL instead of 70......
If I flip the photo back it should once again say 70 unless only part of it flips.....

Edited by billd - Nov/28/2010 at 8:59pm
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:01pm
Yes you did by acknowledging his reply.
Old joke... OIL up side down is 710
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:04pm
like the old calculator gags............
ramblerman390 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblerman390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:38pm
so this intake is for a 1970??? the only reason why am asking is because i brought a 390 motor and trans complete and the guy told me it had came out of a 1969 AMX. Again if my motor is a 70 or newer it will be better because i would like to put a 401 bottom end it..
want to go fast... get an AMC!
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:40pm
well sc397 said he's seen that number on the 1969 manifolds as well...... hard to imagine since normally when there's a physical change, even as simple as bolt hole locations, they change numbers.
Look along the side that bolts to the head - are the middle two holes in a straight line with the other holes, or are the middle two holes "higher" or closer to the edge on each side?
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:45pm

that is why I asked him to post a picture of the bottom side.

People too often get the early and late manifolds confused.  I recently looked at another crossram that was supposed to be an early intake but the bolt holes looked raised to me so I asked the guy who had it to check with an intake gasket. Sure enough, it turned out to be a 70 and up intake and I already have one of those so unless it is a smoking deal, I just don't need two of them.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
ramblerman390 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblerman390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2010 at 9:50pm
billd i just ran to check, all of my intake bolts go in a straight line!! now this mean 68 or 69 correct? or Am i misreading this information.
want to go fast... get an AMC!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic