TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Installing rear window lovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbbruno3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing rear window lovers
    Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 2:55pm
I just picked up a set of these louvers. They came with no hardware, what do I need? Does anyone have this hardware or pictures of them on the car ? Thanks
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 6:17pm
Picture would help , or brand name..
rbbruno3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbbruno3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 6:52pm
. Sorry I meant to post pictures
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2017 at 9:45pm
It looks similar to louvers on my 73 AMX . Its hinged at the top so you can clean the rear window, the holes at the top of louver is where you nut and bolt the hinge together. Looks like you are going to have to make the hinge piece out of sheet metal that tucks under the s/s window trim. (I used clear waterprof silicone to hold it in place) Same thing for the hold down buttons on the sides. They ( buttons ) somehow attach to a sheet metal female piece that your going to have to make that goes under s/s side window trim and glued to window, These are what locks louver to window.  If you have trouble making top hindged piece I could send a picture ,unfortunely your side attaching pieces are different but the same idea.
rbbruno3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbbruno3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2017 at 8:27am
I would love to see pictures of how it hooks to tha trim. Thanks
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2017 at 8:44am
You will need to fab your own.
rodhhrod View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodhhrod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2017 at 12:28pm
Looks like the same ones I have, except yours looks like fiberglass or just dirty mine are metal. I have pic's of the mounts and also installation instructions. Have an e-mail address and I will send them to you. Can't seem to post pic's here.
Rod 
AMC Okie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 1:03pm
summit has the set. call them after you get pics of the kind you need. there are several different hold downs/mounting styles. I ordered mine through summit but don't remember the part number.
69 "GO PACK AMX"
73 Javelin 43,000 mile,origanl SURVIVOR
68 Javelin parts car
39 Ford coupe
48 Chevy coupe
2004 Dodge 1500 Rumble Bee
2005 Pontiac Solstice
Charlie S.
rbbruno3 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbbruno3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2017 at 7:33pm
Thanks for your replies guys
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2017 at 4:57pm
I have a set of louvers that I recently purchased from a guy on your end of the States.

They look exactly like the one in your pic. Two piece as well. With a single center rod.

I ordered this set of mounting hardware today because it looks correct for the louvers according to the information I acquired from rodhhrod and the guy I bought the louvers from.

I believe the name of the manufacturer is Sport Shades. To the best of my knowledge that company no longer exists.

Summit Racing SUM-WL10556-1 - Summit Racing® Rear Window Louver Hardware Kits

I'll find out in a few days when they arrive.

Edited by White70JavelinSST - Nov/06/2017 at 5:15pm
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic