TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Barrett-Jackson-Jan, 2018 - Event Date: Jan/13/2018 - Jan/21/2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TallTex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Barrett-Jackson-Jan, 2018
    Posted: Oct/26/2017 at 11:02am

Anyone on this forum going to Barrett Jackson Scottsdale Jan 13-21st, 2018?  If so let me know.  I will most likely be there Jan 14th to middle of the week. Not certain for sure.  Online advance ticket is less than at the door. By day or by the week. "Old guys" 55 and above are $140 for a week long pass.

I went last year when in Phoenix on a trip for one day. Too much to see in a day so I am thinking of going back in 2018 for more days.  Is there a lot of AMC at BJ’s? No.  Still, if you are into all things automobile related then pretty neat place to see stuff you may have never seen before.  I was told by a couple of well healed farmers from Iowa at last year’s show “if you want to buy, buy at Mecum Orlando the week before. If you want to sell then sell at BJ’s Scottsdale.”  They also told me to go to the “Cruise In” near the Westworld Center (Where BJ's is held) in the evenings as cars (and deals for cars) are at the Cruise-In (outside of the BJ’s auction)

TallTex, Austin, TX

tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/26/2017 at 11:37am
I've gone the last 2 years. 4 days (Monday-Thursday) each time. Not sure if I'll make it next year or not.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/10/2017 at 11:41am
I try to go - have made it the last several years. I usually go the first weekend when it is not so expensive. Of course, for us it depends on the weather, as we are driving down from the snowy part of Arizona.
tufcj View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2018 at 11:42am
Couldn't get time off approved until the last minute.  I'll be there 1/16-1/18 (Tuesday-Thursday) with a couple of buddies.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2018 at 4:52pm
I have not been to BJ but regularly go to Mecum. Mecum gets $30 per day to spectate and no admission to the auction floor, only the less desirable seating bowl seats. Bidder credentials are $200 at the gate but only $100 online in advance. Bidders get a bidder pass and a guest pass for every day of the auction (Kissimmee is 10 days) and both can access the auction floor. I go a few days with my brother, a day or two with my wife, and sometimes my son or brother in law.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
69 SCRambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 SCRambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/16/2018 at 11:22am
If you've never attended a BJ you should definitely add it to your bucket list. It's a worth the price of a spectator ticket!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic