TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

390 exhaust leak or stuck lifter?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2017 at 6:08pm
Yeah, the roller tips will quiet down above 1500 rpm or so. I also had a problem with Chinese lifters. I built my engine with an old stock Crane hydraulic cam, so went with their lifters. 3 of them would intermittently clack away until they felt like working again. So I swapped them out for Comp Cams, and had more problems with collapsing. A little research turned up the majority of the good old brands were being made overseas by the same foreign company with crappy materials and incorrect specs. The only American made brands were Jessel and Isky. I swapped in the Iskys and had better results. After all that, I went solid with Edelbrock heads. What a difference!

Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/12/2017 at 7:22pm
Exhaust.

Sounds like you have headers and a leak.
Gremlin Dreams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic