TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Searching for an AMC JEEP Dealer in the 1980's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching for an AMC JEEP Dealer in the 1980's
    Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 5:10am
Hi guys.

I hope I'm right here. I'm new at this forum here.
My name is Mathias. I'm 36 years old and I live in Germany. I've got the link to your website from the  http://ifsja.org/ - ifsja.org forum. So its a try. Here is the story why I'm writing here:

I own an black 1980 AMC Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 1st hand with only 47.088 miles. Big Grin The car was ordered from Germany in the end of 1979 and reached Germany in march 1980. Here it became registered for the first time. In the car there was an warranty sticker from the local dealer who has delivered or sold maybe the car.

It is written:

"Jeep 1980 Limited Warranty And Service Policy"
Zone / Dealer Code |39| / |2367|

My hope and my question is it possible to find the dealer who sold this Jeep?
Is that possible? Does anyone of you what was Zone 39 in the 1980's and knows a dealer code 2367?

A great guy from the fsjnetwork found that the Zone 39 is Germany and the Dealer Code appears to be the AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange) PX at Rammstein AFB. It may have been Mannheim.

Maybe someone here know a something more? Or if it is right or wrong?
I asked Jeep Hotline but the can't helt. Any way or change to get mor information from the AAFES since im not American or belong to the military?

Any answer and information would help.
Thank you very much.

Best regards
Mathias
AmcAmx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmcAmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 5:53am
I was stationed in Germany back in the 80's. AAFEES did sell cars over there for the American service members (I think AAFEES still sells cars in overseas locations). There is a good chance you have a Jeep that was bought and then sold locally to a non military member. It was pretty common when I was over there.

Chris
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 6:11am
There was an Jeep Importeur in Germany,
who was an Offical Dealer from the Mid-70s untill early 90´s when Chrysler build up an own Importing Business.

I´m not sure with the Name "Allrad Schwarz", I think.  
But there was 2 of them, one offical, and one with the same Name, who was into hardcore offroad mods.

And there was an AMC Dealer in Frankfurt whos name was Gericke.

PS i´m from germany too.
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2017 at 6:31pm
interesting
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic