TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC RACES / Cordova 2018 - Event Date: Sep/06/2018 - Sep/08/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 11:17pm
More event photos: SH
Race cars lining up for Friday tech in.
Staging lanes are full for Saturday morning test & tune.
AMC RACES event coordinator
Former NAMDRA Vice President-
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
easydean View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easydean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 5:31am
I attended this event for my first time and really enjoyed it. Just a thought, not trying to cause problems - what if we moved the event around a little, like AMO, and tried some different tracks.  It may bring in some people that don't make Cordova but may also hamper some attending, depending on distance.  There is the track by Kenosha, Brainerd, we even have a NHRA 1/4 mile track in Fargo.  I understand the tradition behind the event but it is just a thought.  I would also like to thank the Halverson's for an absolute ton of work they invested in making the event the success it was and am more than willing to assist in any way I can for next year.  Next year I will bring my 10 second Hornet instead of the swap meet.  Again, thanks to all, it is much appreciated.  Dean
RumblinFx4 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumblinFx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 7:18am
Big shout out to the Halversons for putting on a terrific event. Our journey started on Friday morning at 9 am we only made it 1 hr away and my dads 69 javelin that we put together in a week was having issues with a vibration when we pulled over for whatever reason i opened the hood even though he said it was coming from the rear, not related to vibration issue but when i opened hood found a major fuel line leak coming from Mr. Gasket dual feed line. Had to run to an Oreillys and purchase a different one. Back on the road on WI/ IL border stopped for gas when we went to leave again problems with Javelin starter came loose but not the mounting bolts the T25 torque screws for clocking the PowerMaster mini starter.... back on the road now this is where the AMC community shines and helped us out. We arrived at 5 pm now mind you this was only supposed to be a 3hr 45min drive but with the issues and vibration only allowing Javelin to do 60mph it was a long day and seeing all the AMC's on the road there was a new sense of excitement.
We went through tech and got to talking to a couple guys about our tavels, when i mentioned about vibration and said how i believed it was coming from twin grip i had put in Thurs. night, and didnt have correct shims Chopper Bob sent us to in his words the Texan's race team who sent us to another trailer who had a bag full of shims AWESOME!  Vibration gone lets go racing. Sat. morning very first pass of the day my bother in his yellow 72 Hornet was in right lane against a beautiful Rebel in left, when the track shut the race down due to an accident everyone was okay but the Rebel not so much My sympathies go out to that family. I line up next to my dads Javelin after track was cleaned and made my first pass smoking my dad or should i say he was smoking(the clutch) now at 930 sat morn i made it my mission to get his car back on the road once more after all we still have to get home
RumblinFx4 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RumblinFx4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 7:30am
So with a bunch of phone calls and multiple trips through the AMC part store just steps away we came up with this combo a T10 pressure plate and a trip to Advanced Auto in Iowa to pick up a 1969 Ford Mustang 5.0 11" HD 1-1/16"x 10 spline clutch kit. We mated the T10 pressure plate with the mustang clutch disc and was able to make a successful test drive 5min before the street class call out where he made a 95mph pass, clutch good, no leaks,  no vibration didn't win but we bought him back in and made a second pass 14 at 100 mph where he lost only due to reaction time. Thank to all who helped us out and once more for last minute throwing this event together it was a blast. cant wait for next year going to get street slicks to help push me into 11s.
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 5:41pm

Here are the car show results- Thanks, Bobbi
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2018 at 6:27pm

NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by easydean easydean wrote:

I attended this event for my first time and really enjoyed it. Just a thought, not trying to cause problems - what if we moved the event around a little, like AMO, and tried some different tracks.  It may bring in some people that don't make Cordova but may also hamper some attending, depending on distance.  There is the track by Kenosha, Brainerd, we even have a NHRA 1/4 mile track in Fargo.  I understand the tradition behind the event but it is just a thought.  I would also like to thank the Halverson's for an absolute ton of work they invested in making the event the success it was and am more than willing to assist in any way I can for next year.  Next year I will bring my 10 second Hornet instead of the swap meet.  Again, thanks to all, it is much appreciated.  Dean

It is good to hear you had a nice time and enjoyed yourself at the First Annual AMC RACES!I stopped in at your table a couple times, but you were out and about. You had lots of cool parts out!

A lot of thought goes into planning and organizing an event like this, many things help to make a decision where it can be held. Attendance is the most important. In making the decision to help the hobby succeed, we chose to keep things more helpful to the general group of AMC people.

That sounds great to hear you'll be bringing out you race car! It'll be great to see it on the track! Thank You for attending, we'll forward to seeing next year!SH

NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 10:07am
Originally posted by RumblinFx4 RumblinFx4 wrote:

Big shout out to the Halversons for putting on a terrific event. Our journey started on Friday morning at 9 am we only made it 1 hr away and my dads 69 javelin that we put together in a week was having issues with a vibration when we pulled over for whatever reason i opened the hood even though he said it was coming from the rear, not related to vibration issue but when i opened hood found a major fuel line leak coming from Mr. Gasket dual feed line. Had to run to an Oreillys and purchase a different one. Back on the road on WI/ IL border stopped for gas when we went to leave again problems with Javelin starter came loose but not the mounting bolts the T25 torque screws for clocking the PowerMaster mini starter.... back on the road now this is where the AMC community shines and helped us out. We arrived at 5 pm now mind you this was only supposed to be a 3hr 45min drive but with the issues and vibration only allowing Javelin to do 60mph it was a long day and seeing all the AMC's on the road there was a new sense of excitement.
We went through tech and got to talking to a couple guys about our tavels, when i mentioned about vibration and said how i believed it was coming from twin grip i had put in Thurs. night, and didnt have correct shims Chopper Bob sent us to in his words the Texan's race team who sent us to another trailer who had a bag full of shims AWESOME!  Vibration gone lets go racing. Sat. morning very first pass of the day my bother in his yellow 72 Hornet was in right lane against a beautiful Rebel in left, when the track shut the race down due to an accident everyone was okay but the Rebel not so much My sympathies go out to that family. I line up next to my dads Javelin after track was cleaned and made my first pass smoking my dad or should i say he was smoking(the clutch) now at 930 sat morn i made it my mission to get his car back on the road once more after all we still have to get home

It sounds like you had a exciting trip down! It was nice to get a chance to visit with you, your dad and brother. You did a great job getting the Javelin back in motion for the eliminations! I'm sure next year will be a little easier, as you'll know what to expect more. It was good Chopper hooked you up with the Texans, and they got you to Greg Cockrell for the shims! A good community of AMC racers! It's nice to hear you had a good time! We look forward to seeing you and your family next year! SH
NAMDRA-#2398
AMO-#8370
Northstar AMC Club-#9
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/16/2018 at 10:30am
Wish the Amc /mopar event at Great Lakes Dragaway was more like this one.went there a few years back all mopars & the only amc part i found was hubcaps in the swapmeet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic