TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Edelbrock heads vs Indy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edelbrock heads vs Indy
    Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 10:21am
Good information, thanks all. Still my head is spinning on what heads to buy.... Varied opinions.....  I have heard the same thing about all Eddy heads regardless of the engine make. You will need to check everything and likely retouch the seats. etc.... 
mmechlin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmechlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 7:55am
Thanks for the info. Ill start posting more I guess.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2017 at 6:17am
Until you get about 20 posts you can't upload pics directly, have to use a third party site. Not Photobucket unless you have a premium account, which is a bit on the costly side. They found out a lot of people were using the free account for hosting third party pics and stopped that. I have to find another site to put my photos I want to share on. I wouldn't mind paying a modest fee for the little sharing I do, but not the $40 a month they want for a . If the $6 a month option allowed third party hosting, even if they limited the number of photos you could host to 20 or so and/or reduced the storage space (even 10-15 GB would do for a limited amount of photos) I'd give them some money. They throw so many ads at you now on the free account that it's rather annoying... more an effort to get you to pay than help the advertisers IMHO. You can do just about anything from the site except contact to comment -- can only contact support!

See http://theamcforum.com/forum/guide-to-posting-photos_topic220.html for general guidelines and instructions for posting pics.
Frank Swygert
mmechlin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmechlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/27/2017 at 4:03pm
I'm new to the group and trying to figure out how to use the sight correctly and also add pics. I have a 72 Javelin with a stroked 360 that Im trying to work the bugs out of. 
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 8:22pm
3.85", 6" rod with 2" journal.

mmechlin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmechlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 8:17pm
What's the stroke?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 8:08pm
Yep

mmechlin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmechlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 8:01pm
Stroked 401?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 7:29pm
It's a 426, relatively trick build. Edelbrock heads with about 2.5 sq in min csa (lots of work), Torker enlarged to match, 1000 Pro-systems, 1 3/4 hookers, 10.2 compression, 232 HR with good valvetrain and beehives, and a few tricks in the shortblock. There was some effort to make the HR rpm, and the combo was matched for midrange. At 1.31 ft-lbs/in it was right up there on output, and the HR did hang on to 6500 rpm. It did make more power than I expected. As I said a bit of an experiment in max streetable output. If the Rambler was set up for race (slicks, auto with race converter, open pipes, electric water pump) it would be a low 10 combo, but it's a street car with a stick so the poor launch keeps it to only an 11 flat.
mmechlin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmechlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2017 at 4:52pm
567 h/p . Seems impressive, What engine do you have in your rambler? What else have you done to it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic