TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 2:40pm
We'll be at the Motorplex inside the Road America facility.
This is put on by the Fox Valley Sports Car Club (FVSCC).
The event on Sunday is a joint event with the Madison Sports Car Club (MSCC).
They use the same rules and classes as SCCA, but the organization is a bit more chill than the SCCA.

It's $45 for the day, might be the most fun you can have for that much expense. Spectators are free admission, you should come join us

Here is a wide-shot showing the track a bit, lots of elevation, more of a small road course than a typical parking-lot Autocross. It puts the suspension through a good test. Funnest R&D ever!

Edited by 343sharpstick - Sep/19/2017 at 2:58pm
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/19/2017 at 9:49pm
What times will you be testing on Sunday. Thinking of coming up. Drag strip on Saturday, Elkhart Lake on Sunday... sounds good to me..LOL.
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 7:40am
That would be cool! First cars on track at 10:00, and things wrap up around 3:00. Enter Gate 4.
http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wysiwyg/maps/TrackMap_wScreens_2017.pdf

They split the cars into 2 groups, and each group gets to run 2 of the 4 sessions. It's a well oiled machine most of the time.
Each driver gets 3/4 runs per session.

Edited by 343sharpstick - Sep/20/2017 at 7:43am
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 10:32am
Sounds like a rough job testing these components out! LOL
Any idea on the ETA for this next batch?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/20/2017 at 11:32am
Just a couple weeks, I have a batch of top and bottom brackets done, and I have all the material to fabricate the upper control arms ready to fab up.
Truth is I should probably spend Sunday fabricating those upper arms so I can get some more kits out the door.
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2017 at 9:16pm
Me and the wife will be there for sure. Great Lakes Dragaway on Saturday and Elkhart Lake sunday. Got on a room in Sheboygan!!! Looking forward to meeting you, looking at the car and seeing you race the car!!!
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2017 at 6:21pm
That's great, see you in the AM,
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2017 at 9:05pm
On Sunday the  wife and I made the stop at Road America and found our way to the Motorplex area. I stopped and met Mike and lookedat  his car. I really liked his car because it's just like I wanna do and its nothing that any average AMCer couldn't do. Its a street car that he wants to have some more fun with. 

While I am not a road racer ( more of a drag racer)I have some general knowledge of what a car should look like when trying to drive thru a course like he was. I have to say hands down it was very impressive. While there were many types of vehicles driving thru the course I have to suspect many had some type of modification to the suspension. Quite of few of the cars have that drop on one side and raise on the other side in the front end while trying navigate a corner. I can say I was impressed that Mikes Javelin looked great on the track as his stayed flat lot more than many of the cars there. If I can see how much better his Javelin looked compared too many of the cars that says a lot. And Remember many of these I would suspect have sort of modification to the suspension or are much more modern cars. 

I was impressed how the car almost looked glued to the track. 

Then Mike took me for a "ride " thru the pits. Next to nothing for ride noise. It felt great. Very impressive. I will be buying the parts from Mike soon. 

Great that someone has taken the time to make a affordable upgrade to the Trunnion suspension. 

Edited by Aljav - Sep/24/2017 at 9:11pm
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2017 at 9:08pm
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2017 at 9:49pm
That is nice to see and hear! I am very excited to get my setup from him also!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic