TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

New 1968/69 Javelin/AMX/Rambler suspension upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 12:56pm
I'm interested in a set of these!!! I tried emailing you twice!
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2018 at 5:54pm
Just replied. If you have any questions let me know, I have my phone number in the email.
You mentioned you have a 1965 Rambler, I wanted to let you know on the forum that If you have a 1964 thru mid-year 1966 the lower ball joint is smaller, so you will need to pick up some 1970 or later lower ball joints and re-dril one of the holes. Several customers have done this with no real complications.

Check out this awesome Rambler!

Awesome Rambler
dpimm View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by 343sharpstick 343sharpstick wrote:

I just need the lower Control arm and strut rod, those are both different from the early (Pre-70) parts. Just one side would do. I have piles of pre-70 parts, but no later stuff.
No rush either, First I'll need to get the fixture built around what I have.

I feel confident that I have spares of both that I could loan you. I know I have a lower control arm in my garage.. I was planning to box a pair of LCAs to strengthen them on my 68 AMX, but need to check my storage unit for the strut rods.

-Dennis
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2018 at 6:16pm
Dennis, That's fantastic! Would you like me to shoot you my address in a PM so we can work out shipping? I just need some 70 or later arms to be sure the tubular lowers can work for both pre-70 cars, and 1970 and later.

Also, I caught up with the original wait list, and was hoping to get ahead a little. Now I have a wait list again. Embarrassed
Thanks everyone for your patients. Family activities have consumed most of September, but I'll be back to normal in a couple weeks. There are some great AMC's getting built out there!!

I probably should have been building parts, but I did do some more successful product testing this past weekend.LOL

Edited by 343sharpstick - Sep/24/2018 at 6:21pm
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2018 at 10:24pm
Does that mean theres going to be some lower control arms in the future????
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2018 at 5:31am
Do you offer a complete kit now including the lower control arm and a new style strut rod? If so I am putting it on my list of up grades for the AMX.

I was also wondering is anyone producing the hood you have on your car with the blister?
JTSLLC1
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2018 at 10:31am
I have some prototype lowers that I'll be testing in the spring. The trick is getting the lowers to work with my kit, AND any 1970 or later AMC.
I've had to stop with that development of that to get some upper Stage1 kits out the door.

As a side note, I'm nearly out of NOS 1970 or later steering knuckles. So future customers may need to acquire that part separately.

I've discussed with a local CNC shop the possibility of making a custom steering knuckle, my thought was that it would have provisions to bolt the spindle in 2 positions (stock and 1-inch lower) These would not be cheap, so I'm not sure there would be much interest.
The up-side would be that they could be used on any AMC with my kit or any 1970 or later AMC, so it's a slightly larger market. That should be another thread.

Anyway, JTSLLC1 I see your in Orfordville, WI your only about 2-1/2 hours south-west of me. So When the lowers are ready I can let you know and assist with the install, and check out your engine program I've been reading about.
Thanks

Edited by 343sharpstick - Nov/27/2018 at 10:58am
jpulse View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpulse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2018 at 8:39am
Hey Mike, sent an email in regards to getting on the wait list.   Looks like a killer setup!  
Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2018 at 9:51am
I have yet to put it on my car, but I received the parts a couple of week ago from Mike. They look great and they come with VERY detailed instructions. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. Thumbs Up

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
dpimm View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by 343sharpstick 343sharpstick wrote:

Dennis, That's fantastic! Would you like me to shoot you my address in a PM so we can work out shipping? I just need some 70 or later arms to be sure the tubular lowers can work for both pre-70 cars, and 1970 and later.

Also, I caught up with the original wait list, and was hoping to get ahead a little. Now I have a wait list again. Embarrassed
Thanks everyone for your patients. Family activities have consumed most of September, but I'll be back to normal in a couple weeks. There are some great AMC's getting built out there!!

I probably should have been building parts, but I did do some more successful product testing this past weekend.LOL

Sorry Mike... I just saw this; house remodel, work and 2 AMX restorations have me pretty much swamped. I definitely have the LCA in my garage. Will look for the strut rod in my storage unit this week. Email me your mailing address, my email is DPimm@MRG-Inc.net.

-Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 17>
  Share Topic