TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Devilboy's 1965 American 330

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/13/2018 at 9:58pm
I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it....I like it much better then when it pivoted on the floor
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2018 at 7:45am
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

I have a Jeep XJ pedal in mine now.
Originally posted by one bad rambler one bad rambler wrote:

I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it.

Frank & Anthony, could you guys please show me a photo of what you did for possible future reference if I ever decide to change it? I am curious & interested in seeing your fixes. Thanks.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
mixed up View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 12:28am
I used a gas peddle from a 80's ford mustang or most other ford cars have the same set up on my car bolts to the firewall and has a built in return spring
69 amx 290 auto
65 220 290 4spd
80 ford fairmont
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 5:28am

I used the org. pedal(Upper part) and welded a plate to it....I like it much better then when it pivoted on the floor

I have done the same thing, but welded the bottom section of a late model pedal. It's much more responsive and less fatiging to drive. Obviously remove the assembly to weld so you don't set the vehicle on fire. Or use wet towels around the area if you are lazy.
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 8:48pm
Thanks guys. Would love to see some photos of your fixes.
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
one bad rambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote one bad rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2018 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Lucas660 Lucas660 wrote:

I have done the same thing, but welded the bottom section of a late model pedal. It's much more responsive and less fatiging to drive. Obviously remove the assembly to weld so you don't set the vehicle on fire. Or use wet towels around the area if you are lazy.
        Just starting my car is fatiguing..LOL.. I have size 13 triple e i don`t think i even need a gas pedal...
68 AMX 390 4 Speed,68 American,64 American 2 Door Wagon Altered Wheelbase,78 Concord Build 360,727,8.8
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2019 at 8:35am
A long overdue update.

I managed to find an original floor pivot thanks to an awesome AMCer, so the pedal issue is now solved.

I have located both rocker panels and both replacement quarter panels. I just have to wait to be able to get them to my neck of the woods so that I can finally begin the daunting metal work.

Found a 6cyl metal fan shroud on the forum, cleaned it up and painted it. It came out great and will really help out when I get it installed.

I also scored some nice upper door top mouldings for the car too. I think they will look great and add some flair to the overall look of the car.

Now I just have to locate all of the missing clips so that I can attach the various mouldings I bought to the car, but I am having no luck finding any with any of the vendors. Talked to Galvin's, APD & Kennedy and none had any available. So if anyone knows where to locate any of these, the help would be much appreciated.

These are the mouldings I need clips for:

Left & right Rocker panel moulding clips: (26.074 448 1223L-22R)

Left & right Front door top moulding clips: (26.032 448 0335L-34R)
Left & right Rear door top moulding clips: (26.034 448 0353L-52R)
(The mouldings that run along the very top of the doors.)

5 piece body line mouldings that wrap from wheel well, across the quarters and rear panel & then to the opposite wheel well.

Left & right wheel well body line mouldings clips: (12.128 448 2135L-34R)
Left & right quarter panel body line mouldings clips: (12.128 448 1227L-26R)
Rear panel body line moulding clips: (26.038 448 1278)

I also made some progress on my headliner.

After figuring out how expensive the SEM custom mixes were, I finally found a SEM color that matches and a distributor to get it from that didn't break the bank. Here was my process:

My headliner was originally a horrible faded light robins egg blue color that I did not care for. It was also drooping very badly from coming unattached from the insulation pads. I got it out in one piece with no major issues after removing the front seat. I fixed what edge issues there were & then laid it out on a flat surface and put a bunch of weight on the center of it to reform the original contours and let it sit for a few weeks.

Then I cleaned it up really well and applied a very thin layer of mildew resistant Zinser primer to both sides with a brush.

After that, I rolled it up into a slight u shape lengthwise and used painters tape to keep it from unfurling.

I ordered 2 cans of Ranger Admiral Blue SEM Marine Vinyl Coat for $15 a can that matches my interior perfectly. It took two cans & four coats to cover it completely, I think it looks pretty damn good with no additional warping or damage from the painting. I can not wait to get it back in the car.

Progress!

Edited by Devilboy - Jan/10/2020 at 5:00pm
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2019 at 8:40am
Looking great Jeremy!
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by gtoman_us gtoman_us wrote:

Looking great Jeremy!

Thanks Ron. Appreciate that.

Another bit of progress to report on. A while back Ron kindly gave me a black replacement kick panel because my car had one that was broken. I also picked up a replacement door armrest cushion from Brent Havekost that was turquoise.

Well since the weather yesterday was unseasonably mild, I decided to do some more vinyl & plastic repainting. I am happy to report that the headliner, all four armrest cushions and both kick panels are all now the same color.

End note: SEM makes some really great products.

And thanks again for that kick panel Ron! Cheers!
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2020 at 10:20am
After the success with painting interior my stuff with SEM, I think next up are my floor mats.

I hate to paint them because they are the very cool, green, semi-transparent, vinyl mats that have gold colored glitter flake embedded in the vinyl and would look really cool with dark blue carpet behind them.

Unfortunately, I have tried so many different products and various suggested techniques to clean them, all to no avail. The various weird, irremovable, red stains will not budge. There is also a very large unsightly cigar or cigarette burn right in the center of the front passenger side.

I made a mold of a good part of the mat and my idea was to possibly cut away the melted ridge and try to rebuild it by remelting the cut off part (or some other scrap vinyl) and using the mold I made to shape the melted vinyl, or to cut away the ridge and just leave it as is.

I think either living with them as they are or repainting them with the dark blue SEM to match everything else is the only real recourse at this point

Anyone have any suggestions?
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic