TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mini-split AC system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by 70MarkDonohue 70MarkDonohue wrote:

I'm going down to Little Rock AR to install a Fujitsu in a shipping container on a barge .

Thats pretty awesome

Are they living in it?

They set up little burger shops, hot dog stands etc in shipping containers in some places around here,
I was checking out a few down by the seaport here today.
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
70MarkDonohue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/01/2017 at 10:45am
It's a control room for a crane arm to unload a barge.
Class Guy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Class Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2017 at 7:13am
About 15 years ago, we bought an old apartment complex (built in 1947) that had been retrofitted by the previous owners with mini splits for heat and a/c.  Although the units used were from the front end of the technology curve and we had some difficulty finding parts, the overall operation was great.  I had never seen them before and have since advocated their use in many applications.

70MarkDonahue - If you have some idle time in Little Rock and want something to do, give me a hollar; I live in Conway.  Did you know that the Drag-On-Lady AMX is owned by a Dr in LR?
texasamx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 4:43pm
Now that's 1 cool looking shop ( both ways )
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2017 at 9:33pm
hahaha - good one, thanks. I love it...... but it's jam-packed wall-to-wall now with projects, cars and equipment (until I get the Eagle wagon sold and the SX4 project done (which is a year over-due already)
I'm having to use my engine bench for the plating tanks and supplies and the electric/alternator bench is doubling for other projects. 
At least it IS staying cooler in there. And this week it's supposed to get back into the 90s again so it'll be kicking in again. So far I've hardly noticed the impact on the electric bill. It takes little to operate it. 

I was hoping to collect the water (condensate) from it to use for my plating and cleaning purposes but after a few days the jugs I put the water into ends up with pretty colored and white stuff floating around in them. DANG.  I go through a ton of water - and need distilled water as much as possible. I guess stuff in the air gets into that - mold spores and so on - and maybe the light that gets into the jugs does it, or maybe it would anyway. 
ODD as heck, the jug I use to collect the water in never gets anything growing in it, even if I don't collect the water for two or three days. I wonder why?

The system is quiet - it's not easy to tell when it's running. 
Green AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/13/2017 at 7:50pm
Bill 
Maybe you should should billd a still so you can distill your own water "water" 
69 AMX 390 4speed go pack
72 Javelin 360 auto(sons)
82 Spirit (wife's 1st car)still not done
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/24/2017 at 8:25pm
Going down to Baton Rouge Louisiana to install a Fujitsu unit 4 Ton with two 2 ton indoor coils.
And a 10 ton unit to cool hydraulic fluid. 

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2017 at 6:59pm
In a couple weeks going down to Orange TX to install two 4 ton Fujitsu with four 2 ton indoor coils.
For some people that got flooded out.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/15/2017 at 9:34am
Loading up to go down to Orange TX. 
Still trying to find a room to stay in.
BDCVG View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCVG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2017 at 9:59pm
Used to love My Mitsu ac units, until I took one apart and saw how much mold was on the barrel shaped fan.
1970 AMX 390 5 spd full Control Freaks front and rear suspension
2014 E63 AMG-S wagon
1965 Austin-Healey 3000 MK III              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic