TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

5th OZ AMC/Rambler show 50years AMX/Javelin 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2018 at 8:57pm
ere are a few more random photos from facebook:

Edited by WesternRed - Mar/29/2018 at 9:00pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2018 at 7:58pm
Wow they are some great photo's above. Keep them coming

The car that won best "Star/Fence picket steering AMC" at the show is starting to look a whole lot better as of yesterday Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/31/2018 at 8:04pm
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2018 at 8:13pm
Chrysler club facebook has a heap of photo's going up on their facebook page with many of our cars;

https://www.facebook.com/pg/chryslersonthemurrayofficial/posts/

Street Machine magazine has an article with a good chunk about Dan Murphy's green Javelin and a few great photo's in the album

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/events/1803/chryslers-on-the-murray-2018-gallery
Mostly last. View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/31/2018 at 9:43pm

Got home Sat 24th.
Great trip. 3,390 miles ( 5,650km ) all up. Stopped for fuel 32 times, 930 litres of fuel. Think thats about 16.4 mpg. Heavily loaded as well.
Got quite a few stone chips, but people from top to bottom of Australia seeing and learning about AMX made all the paint chips worthwile.
Thanks to everyone organising and helping make COTM happen.
Brilliant event and great to take part.
Met people that will be friends for life.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 6:47am
That would have been an awesome road trip in the old girl, good to see it on the road and being driven. Maybe an inspiration for others, myself included, to hit the road next time. This would have done me as a tow rig:

Otherwise I need to finish my 71 and drive it across to keep this guy company:

AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/01/2018 at 3:59pm
Was good to meet you in person Darren.
Drive the 71.
Thing I learnt most on this trip was to have more faith in the vehicle.
Was overloaded because I packed tools, spare parts, extra fuel and spare oils. That was on top of camping gear, tucker box and clothes.
Didn't use any of the oils, extra fuel or parts.
Tools came in handy, also piece of wire and a hose clamp. Found a small stick to put in a tail light socket to keep a loose wire contacting perfectly.
Next trip anywhere in #24 I'm travelling lighter.
Next trip to COTM I hope will be in #14. Here is where it is at now.

69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2018 at 1:34am
It really was a treat to have you guys down in the Aussie #24 AMX. What a beaut car and great to see it out and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Phyllis looked like she enjoyed her time here at the show too which is great. Looking forward to seeing #14 next time you come down for a trip to the show 

I am in the Mini club here in Albury too and a handful of them drove over to WA last year for a big Mini thing and what you say John is almost exactly what he said to everyone, have faith in your vehicle. Before the WA trek he would only travel an hour or so away but he said he would now drive it literally anywhere after doing that trip. In 2020 I am hoping to celebrate the Hornet 50th by taking it to the Summernats (I have never been and I promised my mate doing the paintwork that we would take it), 7th AMC/Rambler show here in Albury/Wodonga, Shannons American day in Melbourne then drive over to the WA Chrysler show and QLD Cooly Rocks mid year. 

keep the photo's coming of the show. never too many. I linked the US guys and girls to this thread too as many didnt even know about AMC's in Australia and that there was a show

Here is an article someone sent me regarding AMX's for everyone's interest
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mostly last. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2018 at 4:26pm
Jason,
        The trip itself, COTM and the people we met was all good.

2020 will be a memorable year for you going to all those events in your Hornet.
Black paint pic a few posts back looks beaut.

Thanks for doing all you do to make the AMC Rambler part of COTM happen.
John & Phyllis.
69 AMX. Aussie AMX#14
68 AMX 390 ex USA.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2018 at 4:32pm
I'd love to do an east coast road trip to all of the big shows, probably have to leave the car over there and fly in/fly out. T56 6 speed manual might be on the cards to help with the economy.
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2018 at 2:27am
loving all the pics and all the feel good vibe coming through from the event.
So many amazing cars ! and more being built ................

Jason, that Black Hornet is going to make people weep !! Stunner mate.
Going to have to meet up with you at a show in 2020 ........... hmm Summer Nats would be a blast
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic